EverQuest! OOC

Voadam

Legend
Voadam concepts

Many considered Voadam touched in the head. The man was said to have called himself "the Green Wizard of Althora" but performed no magics claiming "it works different here" and nobody had ever heard of Althora. He swore by gods nobody heard of and was concerned about the machinations of "demons" and the forces of Law and Chaos. Still he is friendly, inquisitive, and quick to learn. He's also tough, brave, and ready to step into dangerous situations. Being fluent in orcish he took up the mercenary mantle to explore the old dwarven stronghold in return for offers of gold.

A bearded brown-haired bear of a man with blue eyes dressed in black robes with a green sash.

Voadam was in fact a world hopping, demon-hunting wizard who fell afoul of demonic planar magics that banished him to this world as he quested to restore the Staff of Law. He was skilled in spells, bladework, and the lotus petal style of martial arts. On arriving here however he found that magic worked differently and much of his previous lore and powers were now inapplicable.

2 concepts

1 Ranger Wizard, he is rebuilding his magical abilities from the ground up again as he learns of this new world he finds himself in.

2 Ranger/Monk He finds that his old magic is not applicable at all and is focusing on his martial combat skills for the moment.

Note this is a character I have played before, including in a pbp game here that just ended (canadienne bacon's Rod of Seven Parts game).

Last edited:

Delusion

First Post
Here is a list of all the magic items your character can afford in the DMG (I may type out some more from Al'Kabor's Arcana when I get the time). Hope this helps!

EDIT: Added items from Al'Kabors Arcana.

Back Items
Netted Cape - 580gp - +2 Hide, light at will (no hide bonus when giving off light) - 0.4 lbs
Festering Cloak - 900gp - mana +2, disease resistance -3, magic resistance -3, disease save -1, magic save -1 (-1 to all Charisma checks except Intimidate, Taunt, and Undead Empathy, which gain a +2 bonus) - 0.5 lbs
Foreigner's Cape - 1000gp - Each cloak attuned to a single race. +4 to all Charisma checks when associating with members of attuned race. - 1.2 lbs
Cloak of the Ice Bear - 2700gp - +3 hp, cold resistance (8), cold save +2 - 3.5 lbs

Body Items
Resin Covered Leaves - 600gp - cold, disease, electricity, fire, magic, and poison resistance (1) - 0.1 lbs
Gossamer Robes - 1800gp - +1 raw silk armor (AC +3, Max Dex +9) - 2.8 lbs
Truesilver Mail - 1950gp - +1 half plate (AC +8, Max Dex +1) - 24.5 lbs
Robes of Silence - 2700gp - +4 Sneak, -4 Listen (once per day, may invoke an area of complete silence in a 15 ft radius for 3 minutes. The area of silence may either follow the wearer of the robe or be placed as stationary so the wearer can move out of the area) - 1.8 lbs

Ear Items
Alligator Tooth Earring - 220gp - +1 hp - 0.1 lbs
Gunthak Earring - 690gp - +1 Knowledge (poison), +1 Tradeskill (poison), +2 hp, poison resistance (2) - 0.1 lbs
Onyx Studs - 1600gp - +4 Fortitude checks and resisting negative intoxication effect checks - 0.1 lbs
Jade Meditation Hoop - 2000gp - Int -3, Wis -3, mana +10 - 0.1 lbs

Face Items
Skinned Halfling Face Mask - 580gp - illusion (halfling) one use - 0.0 lbs
Sheer Bone Mask - 1050gp - Int +1 - 1.5 lbs

Feet Items
Firewalker Boots - 300gp - fire resistance (2) - 2.5 lbs
Slippers of Stealth - 2000gp - Leaves no footprint or scent on any kind of terrain. Tracking is impossible by nonmagical means. - 1.2 lbs
Charred Boots - 2450gp - Dex +1, fire resistance (2), poison resistance (2)

Finger Items
Ring of Slime - 850gp - mana +2 - 0.1 lbs
Rat Shaped Ring - 1000gp - disease resistance (4), poison resistance (4), disease save +1, posion save +1 - 0.1 lbs
Softfoot Ring - 2000gp - +10 to Sneak (small races only) - 0.1 lbs
Slime Covered Ring - 2500gp - +10 to Hide
Glimmer Ring - 2110gp - gate (one use), Int +1 - 0.1 lbs
Ring of Shadows - 2455gp - gather shadows (3 uses), Dex +1 - 0.1 lbs
Ring of Quintessence - 2800gp - Int +1, mana +3 - 0.1 lbs

Hand Items
Clay Encrusted Gloves - 520gp - +5 Tradeskill (pottery) - 0.8 lbs
Ruffian Gloves - 1800gp - +6 to Taunt - 0.8 lbs
Pit Fighter Handwrap - 2801gp - +1 brass knuckles, Str +1 - 0.5 lbs

Leg Items
Scaled Wolf Hide Leggings - 550gp - cold resistance (2), fire resistance (2) - 4 lbs
Barbed Legplates - 965gp - +2 initiative, +1 AC and -1 check penalty (armor bonus and check penalty do not stack with other armor) - 6.5 lbs
Mammoth Hide Leggings - 1540gp - Con +1, cold resistance (2) - 4 lbs
Black Chitin Leggings - 1850gp - hp +2, mana +2 - 7.5 lbs

Neck Items
Velvet Choker - 210gp - hp +1 - 0.1 lbs
Spiked Leather Wolf Collar - 2660gp - Wis +1, mana +3 - 1 lb
Beartooth Necklace - 2680gp - Con +1, hp +3 - 0.2 lbs

Shields
Bone Shield - 1450gp - +1 small shield, disease resistance (1), sonic resistance (1) - 9.5 lbs
Shield of Kurn - 2532gp - +1 large wooden shield, magic resistance (4), magic save +1 - 8 lbs

Shoulder Items
Barnacle Covered Pauldrons - 375gp - +1 AC, -1 check penalty, 5% ASP (armor bonus and check penalty do not stack with other armor, ASP does) - 4.5 lbs
Blackened Iron Spaulders - 1145gp - +1 AC, -1 check penalty, 5% ASP, use of Slam feat (armor bonus and check penalty do not stack with other armor, ASP does) - 5 lbs
Embroidered Black Cape - 2400gp - hp +4, mana +3 - 0.3 lbs
Bloodstained Mantle - 2570gp - Str +1, magic resistance (4), magic save +1 - 3.5 lbs

Waist Items
Gnome Skin Belt - 320gp - poison resistance (2) - 1 lb
Giant Snakespine Belt - 2250gp - Dex +1, poison resistance (2)

Wrist Items
Bat Hide Wristband - 925gp - Int +1, disease resistance (-1) - 0.5 lbs

Last edited:

Delusion

First Post
That should be fine, Voadam. I won't be a stickler about missing a day or two, as I'm sure I may wind up doing myself, but just try to post once a day and we'll be just fine.

Arkhandus

First Post
I'm still working on my character ideas, typing up background and updating their original 1st-level stats to 3rd-level. I'll either play a gnome enchanter, a human magician, or a human monk.

It's also possible I may play a high elf paladin or cleric instead, or some kind of rogue, but the first three are more likely choices. In general, it depends on what the rest of the group will play; with published modules, it's best to assume some of the basic roles will be really necessary (generally meat shield, healer, and trapmeister).

Something I forgot earlier, though. What's the method for determining HP? Max for 1st I'm guessing, but should other levels' HP be rolled in InvisibleCastle, or just assume half maximum, or average (rounded up on odd and rounded down on even), or max HP?

Regardless, I'll have my primary character ideas up sometime on Saturday (been busy the past few days else I'd have them finished up now).

WarShrike

First Post
Better get my character application in while theres still room. :)

Ahem...

[SBLOCK=Xoranis Onyxclaw -- Iksar Monk]

Xoranis Onyxclaw is rather odd for an Iksar. No less proud of his own abilities than any other, but uncharacteristicly respects, even admires the strengths of other races. He is obsessed with being the best at what he does, and sees the other races as sources of possible improvement.

Iksar as a rule think they're the best at everything, and as such, feel contempt towards those not of the scale. Xoranis isn't looking forward to attaining "Iksar Perfection". He feels his peoples skills have degenerated over time through their extreme isolation, and that becoming the best his mentor's trainning can make him will only waste his potential. So it is that he has decided to travel among other races, doing what he must to become accepted by them, in order to study them and hopefully improve his own abilities.

At first he met little success. He hunted bandits in the lands both south and west of the Human capital of Freeport, and although it seemed like a good idea at the time, it turned out that killing Human bandits did little to endear himself to the majority of the Human population. Bandits or not, he was killing Humans, and that of itself garnered him a rather nasty though undeserved reputation. From that point on, Xoranis understood that to earn the approval of the various "civilized" races in these alien lands, he would have to concentrate on fighting their common enemies, such as Gnolls, Goblins, and Orcs.

Now, having heard tales old and new of the great battles of the Elves of Faydewer against the Orcish hordes, he sets sail from Freeport to meet these Elves, and hopefully learn their ways.

Xoranis Onyxclaw

Class: Monk 3
Race: Iksar
Size: Medium
Alignment: N
Diety: Agnostic

STR: 20 (8pts, +4 Racial)
DEX: 16 (6pts, +2 Racial)
CON: 14 (6pts)
INT: 10 (2pts)
WIS: 16 (6pts, +2 Racial)
CHA: 4 (0pts, -4 Racial)

Although having a solid grasp of common, his unfamiliarity with the ways and customs of other races causes him to express himself akwardly. His coloring is a dark gray with splotches of black, affording him decent camouflage in his natural rocky homeland. His eyes are black pools with no visible difference between pupil, iris, or sclera, causing his eyes to be "unreadable".

HPs: 23
AC: 19, touch 14, Flat Footed 15
Fort: 4
Refl: 6
Will: 5
Acid: 0
Cold: 3 (+3 trainning)
Disease: 0
Electricity: 0
Fire: 11 (+3 Trainning, +3 Class, +5 Racial)
Magic: 2 (+2 Trainning)
Poison: 0
Sonic: 0

BAB: +3
Grapple:
Melee: +8
Ranged: +7

Abilities:
Speed: 30', Swim 30'
Initiative: +3
Trainning: -7 (Feat), -8 (Resists).
Racial Natural Armor AC +3
Racial Infravision
Racial +5 Fire Resistance
Racial Fast Healing
Racial Wilderness Lore is always a Class Skill
Racial Vulnerability to Cold +20% damage from spells with the Cold Descriptor

Attacks:
Standard 1 (or 2) +8, 1d4+5 (+3, 1d4+5)
Full Attack with Round Kick 1: +6, 1d4+5. 2: +1, 1d4+5. 3: +6, 1d8+5.

Equipment:
Gossamer Robes -- (AC +3, Max Dex +9, Check Penalty +0, Hardness 1, HPs 3, Break DC 22, weight 2.8 lbs) cost 1800gp.
Dusty Ransacker's pack -- Weight Reduction 75%, Space 4 CF, Weight 0.4 lbs, cost 1050gp.

Feats:
Power Attack
Cleave

Class Granted Feats:
Level 1:
All Simple and Martial 1HB, 2HB, Hand to Hand, and Throwing Weapons
Dual Wield
Hand to Hand
Mend (9 hps total)
Mystic Strike
Level 2:
Fire Resistance +3
Improved Hand to Hand
Level 3:
Martial Defense AC +1
Round Kick

Skills: Rank, Ability, Misc, (Total) (24 Ranks Total)
Balance...............3, +3, 0, (+6)
Climb..................0, +5, 0, (+5)
Safe Fall..............6, +3, 0, (+9)
Spot...................3, +3, 0, (+6)
Swim..................0, +5, +8, (+13)
Tumble................6, +3, 0, (+9)
Wilderness Lore....6, +3, 0, (+9)
Lang. Common......4, 0, 0, (+4)
Lang. Iksar...........4, 0, 0, (+4)
[/SBLOCK]

Also kicking around annother character concept:

[SBLOCK=Vaeris -- High Elf Enchanter]
Vaeris

Class: Enchanter 3
Race: High Elf
Size: Medium
Alignment: NG
Diety: Tunare

Stats:
STR: 6 (2pts, -4 Racial)
DEX: 14 (6pts)
CON: 14 (8pts, -2 Racial)
INT: 24 (12pts, +4 Racial, +2 Items)
WIS: 12 (0pts, +4 Racial)
CHA: 14 (4pts, +2 Racial)

HPs: 15
Mana Pool: 42
AC: 14 Touch: 12 Flat Footed: 12
Fort: +3
Refl: +3
Will: +4
Acid........:
Cold........: 2
Disease....: 2
Electricity:
Fire.........: 2
Magic......:
Poison.....: 2
Sonic......:

BAB: +1
Grapple: -1
Melee: -1
Ranged: +3

Speed: 30'
Initiative: +6
Training: -7 (Feat), -8 (Resists)

Attacks:
Equipment:
Sheer Bone Mask -- INT +1, 1.5 lbs Cost: 1050gp
Bat Hide Wristband -- INT +1, Disease Res -1, 0.5 lbs Cost 925gp
Raw Silk Robes -- AC +2, Max Dex +9, 7 lbs Cost 500gp
Spear (1d8-2 (20 x2)) Range: 20' 5 lbs Cost 4gp
5 Javelins (1d6-2 (20 x2)) Range: 30' 10 lbs Cost 5gp
5 Days Trail Rations 5 lbs Cost 2.5gp
Backpack 2 lbs Cost 2gp
Bedroll 5 lbs Cost 1sp
Water Skin 4 lbs Cost 1gp
(4) Level 2 Spells -- Cost 400gp (100gp each)

Feats:
Improved Initiative
Spell Focus Conjuration (Trained)

Class Granted Feats:
Level 1
All Simple 1HB, 2HB, Piercing and Throwing Weapons
Spellcasting
Level 3
Bonus Mystic Feat -- Spell Focus Alteration

Skills: Rank, Ability, Misc, (Total). (60 Ranks Total)

Appraise..............: 6, +7, 0, (+13)
Bluff...................: 6, +2, 0, (+8)
Channeling...........: 6, +2, 0, (+8)
Diplomacy............: 6, +2, 0, (+8)
K. Mysticism........: 6, +7, 0, (+13)
Meditation...........: 6, +7, 0, (+13)
Spellcraft............: 6, +7, 0, (+13)
Jewelcraft...........: 18, +7, 0, (+25)

Spellbook:
Level 1: Minor Shielding, Reclaim Energy, Shallow Breath, Strengthen, Weaken.
Level 2: Color Flux, Fear, Gate, Invisibility, Juli's Animation, Mesmerize.

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Delusion

First Post
Hm, hadn't thought of that of that til you mentioned it, Ark. Use the table on page 198 of the (original non EQ) DMG for fixed hit points.

Caliber

Explorer
Delusion said:
Hm, hadn't thought of that of that til you mentioned it, Ark. Use the table on page 198 of the (original non EQ) DMG for fixed hit points.

I went to go edit my posted char with the above info when I realized I had already rolled the numbers provided by the table! :p

Voadam

Legend
Work in progress

Voadam
Human
Ranger 1/Monk 1/Rogue 1

Str 16
Dex 14
Con 16
Int 10
Wis 8
Cha 10