'Everything Is a Story' Inside Wyrmwood Gaming's Narcissistic Funhouse

I don't think anyone was the good guy here including the journalist writing prose instead of just reporting the facts.

Companies run by morons and the dude at the center of this is a huge red flag unto himself.

What do you mean? To me it read like a typical investigative journalist piece. I would expect to see a similar reporting style in any major newspaper

Theres a thin line to tread where making prose more interesting to read crosses into just being embellishment, which I feel happened with this article. And to be frank I levy the same criticism at any news or journalism source that writes like this.

The truth does not need embellishment or moisture. Keep it dry and let the truth speak for itself, because then you just make it harder for skeptics to take you seriously.

Theres a thin line to tread where making prose more interesting to read crosses into just being embellishment, which I feel happened with this article.

If you think the article has 'embellished' the truth beyond what the facts support, then can you specify in which specific areas? I mean, if there's misleading claims or falsehoods in the article, they should be called out.

grankless

Adventurer
Theres a thin line to tread where making prose more interesting to read crosses into just being embellishment, which I feel happened with this article. And to be frank I levy the same criticism at any news or journalism source that writes like this.

The truth does not need embellishment or moisture. Keep it dry and let the truth speak for itself, because then you just make it harder for skeptics to take you seriously.
I remember you ranting about how nobody should believe Linda Codega's reporting on the OGL situation on Reddit for similar spurious reasons. Did a newspaper kill your family?

Teo Twawki

Coffee ruminator
If you think the article has 'embellished' the truth beyond what the facts support, then can you specify in which specific areas? I mean, if there's misleading claims or falsehoods in the article, they should be called out.
Completely agree. I've been a story and line editor in my time (for fiction, journalism, and academic articles) and this piece reads wonderfully. Unless something can be pointed out specifically, the complaint sounds more like someone soapboxing a defensive gripe than offering legitimate criticism.

I don't know the facts to comment on them. Im commenting on the presentation, as explained.

Remove ads