• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Evil PCs finally turned epic, need plot-ideas! Please..?

Jolly Giant

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
Perhaps the island's people set out across the sea, intend upon spreading word of these ruthless, evil PCs to others. So, next time the PCs are in the area, someone shrieks and points at them, saying, "Oh no! It's the evil PCs of doom!" And this explodes in a full-blown panic.... Perhaps everywhere the PCs go from now on they are met with fear and loathing.
Oh my, wouldn't the PCs love getting that kind of recognition for their evil deeds! :D

But as you guessed, they have pretty much left the world behind. They've set up a camp in the outlands, near the base of the mountain Sigil is circling, where not even the magic of the gods work. The PCs have learned to fear the buff-scry-teleport-attack alright! :p

Any more ideas on how to keep the story moving forward and fleshing out the major plot-lines still welcome everyone!

Jolly Giant

First Post
...eh... I'm regretting more and more putting the words "nee plot-ideas" in the header of this post...

What I'm really after is ways to flesh out and how to run the plot-ideas I already have... :rolleyes:

Not that your input so far isn't both welcome and usable! :)

Last edited:

Paka

Explorer
When I've played and run campaigns that hit turning points one important thing I have done is ask the players where they would like to see the game going. Maybe the players hae changed their minds and would like the game to be about taking over the world. Maybe they want to tie up a loose end that you've forgotten about. When the game hits a turning point, turn to the players and see what their input is.

Epic is EPIC. How about poisoning the sun, so that an Illithid Empire can make a beach head or hired to steal the sun or moon for a world that is missing their's.

Hired by the entity that is Ravenloft to make someone's life tragic, push them into being a Dread Lord.

Maybe there is a way to construct an entity that is awful and Otherworldly that they are forced to team up with the many enemies they have made for a while, just until this threat is dealt with.

Good luck, have fun. Please post how it goes.

someonebored

First Post
two words

Gods War. Don't have the PC's be the pivitol ones that started the war like you wanted, but have the ones that did start it die. Cuthbert vs Vecna, Pelor vs We Jas, and so on and so fourth. It's spilled onto the prime material plane, and the armies of the planes are on the march. Modrons going after Slaad in a farmers back yard. A Solar fighting off an army of demons and devils, only to fall to a balor lying in wait. Pantheons of minor village dieties war against the greater gods, and the gods of their neighboring villages. A way to get the PC's directly involved, if your PC's have +6 weapons and decent spell penetration anyway, is to have the gods of the island they decimated come after them. I'm going to assume that every single PC is mindblanked, so the gods will only be able to find one at a time (epic spell), and be over confident. There are ten gods in total, and after two of them die in this fashion, the gods come by 2, then by 3. Let the PC's keep the godlings loot. The three that are left are the villagies diety of knowlege, the diety of rain, and the diety of earth. Have the diety of knowlege have three divine ranks, and the other two be primal elementals, so the PC's are going to think twice about assaulting them, or they are going to die. This happenes in the timespan of about a week, and meanwhile the war is raging out of control. The gods will take care of the PC's problem if they help them with their little problem of armies of celestials beating back their fiends. Let the PC's be the generals of the armies of fiends and make silent the choirs of the heavens. They may not win the war dispite all this, but it'd be a fun campaign for at least a year. Did something similar with my group, except it was good and evil vs. Chuthlu esq being. A.k.a. Miltons Demogorgon.

Jolly Giant

First Post
Paka said:
When I've played and run campaigns that hit turning points one important thing I have done is ask the players where they would like to see the game going. Maybe the players hae changed their minds and would like the game to be about taking over the world. Maybe they want to tie up a loose end that you've forgotten about. When the game hits a turning point, turn to the players and see what their input is.

Tried this a couple of times actually, but didn't get much feedback... They're basically leaving things up to me. However, they usually spend a few minutes at the end of each session debating what loose treads they'd like to follow during the next session. Unfortunately, the only loose treads they've got left are ones they've decided to leave alone; either permanently or temporarily.

Paka said:
Epic is EPIC. How about poisoning the sun, so that an Illithid Empire can make a beach head or hired to steal the sun or moon for a world that is missing their's.

I've got another campaign planned for a good guy party (same homebrew world, 3 of the same players) about an epic frostgiant sorcerer shrinking the sun to half size to create an eternal, world-wide winter. Ruled by frost-giants and their white dragon allies of course... So I guess I'll give the sun some rest in this campaign.... Though I'm thinking of getting the evil party involved in this storyline in some periferal way...

I wouldn't mind input on how such an event would influence any sun gods in the campaign though! Would clerics loose access to the sun domain or have their power reduced in some other way? It would suit my plans perfectly if deities with the sun-domain would be weakened somehow when the sun is reduced to half size. It could be a chance for other, evil, deities to attack the weakened sun-gods, thus preventing those very sun-gods from stepping in and taking away all the challenges from the PCs...

Remove ads