Evil protagonists from fiction - or 'Examples of how to play the bad guy without being a total jerk'

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
So when Corwin starts to regain his memories his first instincts are to engage his petty jealousies and seize power from his brother. Not because his brother is a poor ruler. He just wants it. I mean he comes back nicer than he was before, but not well intentioned at all. It's really only the outside threat that gets Corwin to abandon his worst impulses. He's a magnificent bastard and I love him for it.

My impression is that Elric is prepared to work with Stormbringer.
Kind of a naughty word co-dependency with a bastard friend.

Stormbringer gives him the strength he needs to get past his albinism and frailties and survive.

It then takes him over from time to time, and makes him kill his friends.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Elric is a bit of a junkie. He has a choice: wither & die, use drugs and magic to maintain his life, or keep using Stormbringer.

And since the vitality the demon sword grants him is SOOOOOO intense, he can’t give it up for any length of time. Eventually, he dolls off the wagon and people die.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1622366098154.jpeg

Etrigan (various DC Comics titles): NE

A high-ranking rhyming demon in the legions of hell, he has nonetheless found himself voluntarily allied with both good and evil beings at various turns. His motives are obscure and seemingly mostly personal. Despite his nature, he is seldom seen killing anyone. While he has commanded hellish legions in combat, that isn’t his main goal or method- he prefers the personal touch.

William Money (Out of Missouri)

KAPOW

Sherriff Little Bill: Well sir you are a cowardly sonuvabitch. You just shot an unarmed man.

William Money: Well he shoulda' armed himself...if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.

Sherriff Little Bill: You be William Money Out of Missouri...killer of women and children.

William Money: That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that's walked or crawled one time or another. And I'm here to kill you Little Bill...for what you did to Ned.

You boys better move away.

nevin

Hero
Alfred bester from babylon5
Definitely LE

The strong must protect the weak. Even if that's from themselves. He'll use or kill anyone to achieve the protection of his beloved Psycorp. One of those objectives is force every psychic into Psycorp where they can be protected from thier own actions.

He's definitely evil but in his own messed up way he's trying to protect his beloved psycorp. There is a great episode where he is truly confused that some of his targets would kill themselves rather than be captured. He is really upset that they die. Great Villain

Mallus

Legend
Would Mads Mikkelsen's take on Hannibal Lector qualify? He's evil, but he likes (or loves, in the case of Will) his friends. In his own way. He even helps them grow as people!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases