Example of making a Custom Feat work in eTools

Well making feats work is not that hard.

1. Make the feat in Customization. ie "Super man" and in the text it sayes the feat gives you +9 to Fort saves, +1000 Hp, +10 Diplomacy.
2. Close eTools.
3. Open database with Access 2000
4. Find and open [ Info Feat Bonus : Table ], this is the section of the data base that affect skills, hit points etc

First we are going to Add the +10 skill modifier to Diplomacy
5. Go to the very bottom of the screen and click on the drop down menu in the ID coloum and select your new feat "Super man"
6. In the Bonus Type coloum select ModSkill
7. Target coloum is always 0
8. In the SkillId coloum you would pick the name of the skill "Diplomacy" (the one to be affected)
9. Under the Data coloum you enter the number to affect the skill in this case "10" don't put in the "+", just the number
10. You can add a comment to the Comment coloum

Now that you have entered the +10 Diplomacy bonus you want to add the +9 Fort save
11. Once again go to the very bottom of the list under the Id coloum and open the menue and pick "Super man"
12. In the Bonus Type you would pick "ModFort"
13. Target coloum is always 0
14. In the SkillId coloum you would pick "None" (because no skills are being affected)
15. In the Data coloum you would enter "9", just the number to affect the Fort save.
16. You can add a comment to the Comment coloum

Now that you have the +9 Fort added it is time for the +1000 Hp
17. Once again go to the very bottom of the list under the Id coloum and open the menue and pick "Super man"
18. In the Bonus Type you would pick "ModHitPoints"
19. Target coloum is always 0
20. In the SkillId coloum you would pick "None" (because no skills are being affected)
21. In the Data coloum you would enter "1000", just the number to affect the Hit points.
22. You can add a comment to the Comment coloum

So now when you pick the feat "Super man" it will apply the bonuses to your Character.

Right now you can only affect skills and Saving throws and Hit Points
For each thing effected you need an entry in the list, like this "Super man" feat affected 3 things i had to add each one by itself.

I hope you don't look like this :confused: after reading this post.
I am hoping you look more like this :)

Matthew the Mage

Remove ads