• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Excursion to Gronar's Tomb (Full)

Scotley

Hero
Tym Human Bard

Tym takes another sip of his drink his mind reels with stories and legends he has has heard about Under Sharn. He strives to remain outwardly calm and says, "A very interesting proposition. I would be interested."

OOC: What do I know from Knowledge Local and Bardic Lore?

Animus

Explorer
Grotz (highlight to read): Neblin says in gnomish, "I am afraid I cannot hand over the book at this time. But, I can let you try to read it."

Knowledge (local) check: 6 (die) + 3 (Int) +2 (mod.) = 11.
Gronar is an ancestor of House Sivis. He was one of the first to have a Greater Mark of Scribing.

Tym (highlight to read): Knowledge (local) check: 8 (die) + 6 (skill) = 14.
Gronar is an ancestor of House Sivis. He was one of the first to have a Greater Mark of Scribing.

Nephis

Adventurer
Jem the Mercurial

Jem doesn't bother with nonchalance. As she leans forward, her eyes gleam with excitement. Count me in.

OCC: how about Jem with only knowledge (local)? :\

LiquidAtom

First Post
5000 gold pieces?? Thats alot of gold. Thinks Kamvul. 1000 gold pieces each. I could use that money to pay off all of my debts here in Sharn. Maybe even enough to start a little "business" of my own.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I could use the money. Count me in as well"

OOC: What would Kamvul learn by using Sense Motive while Neblin is speaking to the group, as well as the interaction between Grotz and Neblin?

Animus

Explorer
Jem: Knowledge (local): 16 (roll) + 9 (skill) = 25.
Gronar is an ancestor of House Sivis. He was one of the first to have a Greater Mark of Scribing. Gronar emigrated to Breland from Zilargo and did notary work for the royal family. He was said to be buried somewhere in Under Sharn, in a tomb of his design. He made a disk of scribing shortly before his death.

Kamvul:Sense Motive: 19 (roll) + 2 (skill) = 21.
Neblin seems trustworthy, and from what you can tell, there is nothing odd about his conversation with Grotz.

Scotley

Hero
Tym Human Bard

"Gronar, an august figure indeed. I'm surprised you would go outside house Sivis for something like this."

OOC: Time for a sense motive check +4.

Grotzkoshter

Grotzkoshter pulls out from his pouch a clear crystal, take a sip from the coffe, mumble a few words, takes the book and starts going over it.
He casts read magic

Without rasing his eyes from the book he says. when do we start?

Durak, Dwarf Cleric

"Eh...I'm in. Ancient Dwarven dialect, you say?"

Durak smiles, knowing full well he would have signed on for 100gp!! He glances at everyone assembled, sizing them up.

I'd say they're capable enough. A fine company!

Animus

Explorer
"Sometimes my House do not have the resources available to go on such expeditions, master bard," Neblin says.

He turns to Grotzkoshter, and says in Common. "I do not mean to be rude, but I have nothing to hide so I would rather speak in Common. Try your luck at the book." He slides the book over to Grotskoshter, who mumbles a few magic words over the book.

Grots: Some words appear on the cover, glowing softly. They say Journal of Expeditions for Balthazain the Traveler. You also flip through the book and see some of his journal entries, but none of them contain any real information.

Neblin turns to Durak. "Yes, it is an ancient Dwarven dialect. Gronar was a friend of the dwarves, and it is said he commissioned them to build his tomb," he says. "Anything else, or are we ready to start?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads