Init: +3, Senses: Perception +2
AC: 16 (tactical armor)
HP: 13 Current: 13
Proficiency: +2
Saves: Strength, Constitution
Luck Points: 3/3 Remaining
Weapon in Hand: FN P90 SMG
[/sblock]
With the team from the other Ark finally coming inside and letting them shut the hatch again, Akemi was feeling a bit more comfortable about the tactical situation for the moment. The demon had not been able to make an appearance, but she was now worried that it would lurk out there and just wait.

“Welcome to Ark 42,” she said wryly.

“While your Airman looks into his magic stuff, the rest of us might as well get to know each other. I am Petty Office Jordan, SEALS.” Akemi was not wearing any rank or insignia on her fatigues as was a typical habit SPECOPS. She did not even have name tape sewn on the blouse.

Shayuri

First Post
Juno nodded curtly and offered her hand. "Corporal Juno Reyes. USMC."

She looked around the compartment. It was large, but there were a lot of people in it. Cargo bay maybe? It was the right part of the ship.

"How long have you been holed up down here?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Akemi Jordan

dichenlachman.jpg
[sblock=Akemi Jordan Mini-stats]Character Sheet
Init: +3, Senses: Perception +2
AC: 16 (tactical armor)
HP: 13 Current: 13
Proficiency: +2
Saves: Strength, Constitution
Luck Points: 3/3 Remaining
Weapon in Hand: FN P90 SMG
[/sblock]
Akemi answered Juno, “About five of days. Air has been getting stale and rations are low. We lost Main Power two days ago and until you came, we had not heard any evidence of the beast’s activity.”

She did not want to elaborate on what that evidence had been.

“You came over in a shuttle, yeah? If we can distract this beast to slip a strike team back to it, then we could consider a contingency plan of using armored space suits to breach the hull instead, trying to vent the atmosphere and suck the beast out that way.”

“Do you all have access to the Ark schematics so we can look at lure and contain tactics to get the beast trapped into a smaller section of the ship? Were the Arks all built the same?”

Phoenix8008

First Post
Airman Babington

Babington nods as the hatch shuts and he immediately goes to find someplace on the floor he can sit and start studying the book of spells. Starting from the beginning of it, he tries to learn as much as he can, fearing that their lives may depend on it.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Babington is going to need about ten minutes, total, to prepare his spells (that includes some time deciphering the alien text). He can prepare a number of 1st level spells equal to his Wizard level + his Int mod. The book contains the following 1st level spells.

Alarm
Comprehend Languages
Detect Magic
Find Familiar
Identify
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
Sleep
Unseen Servant

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: And after studying the book, he can also have full access to his 3 cantrips all the time as well? Here's my picks since there was no Burning Hands available, I'll swap that for Magic Missile I guess:

Cantrips known:
-Chill Touch
-True Strike
-Fire Bolt
Level 1 Spells known: (1st level slots per day= 3/3, *=Prepared Spells)
-Comprehend Languages (R)
-Detect Magic (R)
-Identify (R)
-Mage Armor*
-Magic Missile*
-Sleep*

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - If you have access to all PHB cantrips, may I suggest Shocking Grasp? The ability to deny reactions means you can escape from melee without risking opportunity attacks. I've found it invaluable in my time as a 5th Ed spellcaster :))

Phoenix8008

First Post
(OOC - If you have access to all PHB cantrips, may I suggest Shocking Grasp? The ability to deny reactions means you can escape from melee without risking opportunity attacks. I've found it invaluable in my time as a 5th Ed spellcaster :))

OOC: Hmmm.... I like it. I think I'll take your advice and switch that out for Chill Touch. Assuming DM approves all of the above.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: It has it as a second level spell. The stuff I can learn and prepare is listed above. The other spells of 2nd level or higher will become clear when I'm of the proper level to comprehend them I'm sure. The Magic Weapon spell will probably be cast as a scroll/ritual and wipe it from the book.

Remove ads