D&D 5E Exodus

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Dr. Locke approaches Babington as he is finishing his studies, "That book...you understand it? There is another among the Chosen of this Ark, Janice Vallejo, who found a similar book. I believe you were meant to find these books."

Dr. Mora asks Juno and Akemi, "I'd feel a lot better if those of us staying behind had some of the marines from the other Ark here with us for protection...in case you fail."

Joy notices Dr. Schaeffer and the other seven "Chosen" followers of Locke whispering among themselves. To Joy's knowledge, there's only one other person besides Locke and his inner circle, Joy, and Akemi who has exhibited unusual gifts, but unlike all the rest, Locke hadn't approached him prior to the incident that resulted in Locke getting shot. Patrick McAlvoy, a poet who had won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2049 at the age of 17. He was 25 now but was known throughout the ship for being a remarkably sensitive young man, with uncanny intuition, even before the evacuation and the odd effects of hyperspace. Since the creature emerged from the hyperdrive and Locke had sealed off the survivors in this portion of the ship, Patrick had kept to himself. Now, however, he is watching Locke's followers intently.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Airman Babington looks up at the gentlemen who approached him and responds to him. "Dr. Locke, is it? Yes, I can read and understand this, at least the simplest parts of it. Another of the 'Chosen', you say? What is a 'Chosen'? Does Janice or any of the others in your group understand what's in the book? I'd love to look at that one as well if possible. I'm nearly done with what I can comprehend out of this one for now, so if we traded temporarily to compare books, that should work. I just have to try using this one recipe on some ammo first like I promised Juno."

Babington gets a box of ammo and attempts to use the Magic Weapon spell from the book on it...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Akemi Jordan

dichenlachman.jpg
[sblock=Akemi Jordan Mini-stats]Character Sheet
Init: +3, Senses: Perception +2
AC: 16 (tactical armor)
HP: 13 Current: 13
Proficiency: +2
Saves: Strength, Constitution
Luck Points: 3/3 Remaining
Weapon in Hand: FN P90 SMG
[/sblock]
Akemi glanced at Dr. Mora and shook her head, "I am sure you would feel better, but if we make a play for killing the demon, we need all the firepower we have. Because if we fail, a few left over Marines are not worth grap to get you out of this. You would only be in the same no win situation we were in before we thought we had a chance to fight the thing."

She glanced at Patrick McAlvoy and noted his change in behavior and stepped over to Joy, whispering as she nodded towards the poet, "Do you think he might be getting an idea? Maybe you can find out."

Akemi turned back to Corporal Reyes and repeated her question from before, "So do you all have access to the schematics?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] and [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION], are you still with us? I'm going to hold off on this week's update to give them a chance to get caught up.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Argh, sorry!)

Juno rubbed her chin, trying to think of how to put it...then just shrugged. "Not so much schematics, but I know the ship. The Arks...they're the same design, and I know it backwards and forwards."

She looked over at the Airman and said, "Babington, how many soldiers can you outfit with these 'magic bullets'?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Airman Babington

"I can make one box of ammo magical, I think. 100 rounds to be split up however you want. I was just about to work on that part now." Babington tells Juno.

Shayuri

First Post
"That's enough for three...maybe four soldiers," Juno concluded with a frown. "Not much. So that's me...you..." she looked at Akemi. "Pick out a couple of shooters from your people, and that'll make our squad."

She sighed. "Our tiny, tiny little squad."

Remove ads