Level Up (A5E) Expeditious Retreat Following a Critical Success: OGL 1.0(a)

VenerableBede

Adventurer
There's a lot of discussion going down with this fairly recent news, and I'm sure a fair amount of you are already tracking this information in other forums or news sites. I still think it's worth stating here: we won! WotC/Hasbro has completely backed down on their plans with the new OGL and are fully supporting the 1.0(a), in addition to putting the SRD 5.1 under Creative Commons. That is an entirely irrevocable action that we don't have to trust their word on, unlike the trust situation with the OGL.
So, to the Level Up community... Woohoo!

And I would guess that there's a lot of sighs of relief coming from ENWorld designers who were considering taking the entirety of Level Up and changing a thousand minute details to make it 100% non-OGL. No idea if any of those plans—if there were any plans—are changing or not (I'm not a part of those conversations), but I would hope that things can just continue more-or-less as normal now.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
There's a lot of discussion going down with this fairly recent news, and I'm sure a fair amount of you are already tracking this information in other forums or news sites. I still think it's worth stating here: we won! WotC/Hasbro has completely backed down on their plans with the new OGL and are fully supporting the 1.0(a), in addition to putting the SRD 5.1 under Creative Commons. That is an entirely irrevocable action that we don't have to trust their word on, unlike the trust situation with the OGL.
So, to the Level Up community... Woohoo!

And I would guess that there's a lot of sighs of relief coming from ENWorld designers who were considering taking the entirety of Level Up and changing a thousand minute details to make it 100% non-OGL. No idea if any of those plans—if there were any plans—are changing or not (I'm not a part of those ocnversation), but I would hope that things can just continue more-or-less as normal now.
@Morrus, does this change your plans for LevelUP? You don't have to rewrite anything now and it is protected now and forever.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases