Expert Tactician Feat from S&F

Now that is a confusing feat.

It says that I gain one extra partial action whenever a melee opponent is denied his Dex bonus. This need not be an attack, but if it was an attack, it would have to be against this melee oppenent.

That's stupid !!! Let's say I'm multi-classed (like who's not), e.g. fighter/sorcerer. It means that I could cast a spell - a lightning bolt - at him. I could not cast it at any other, though. What about area effect?

To me it's like this: If I can cast a spell (which this feat allows) then I can cast any spell (within the partial action) and cast it on whoever I want. But this feat says that only the flat-footed character may be attacked. If I cast a fireball on a group (including this character), then I attack them all (per definition).

And why does it restrict to a melee opponent? Let's say I hear into a group of orcs and surprise them. I can

- either stay out of melee and get off a fireball
- or I could enter melee, get off an attack, move back and then get off the fireball.

Stupid, stupid feat !!!

Crothian

First Post
Hence why the feat was errated. There might be a copy of it floating around the web somewhere, if not I'm pretty sure the new version is in Song and Silence. :)

RigaMortus

Explorer
Change it from "one extra partial action" to "one extra partial melee attack" and you should be fine. Not the erratted version ver batem, but you get the idea.

Tar-Edhel

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Stupid, stupid feat !!!

Play a rogue and the feat won't be that stupid... Extra melee attack when opponents are denied their dex bonus (thus sneak attacks)? Bring'em on!!!

Not bad for a fighter too. It was just not meant for mage-types...

Remove ads