• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Explosions in London

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Still haven't heard from my cousin down town or anything from the parents of the girl guides that were in London this morning (my daughter's best friends). We're assuming everything is good regarding the girl guides, because otherwise with that many of them, the word would have gotten out here by now.

My sympathies and thoughts go out to all that are directly and indirectly affected by these attacks. I have a few friends from or in London, and thankfully they are ok...horribly though, many are not.

Wombat

First Post
Thoughts, prayers, and condolences from ours to yours.

May you find peace in this horrible, troubled times.

Pax vobiscum

Bobitron

Explorer
I remember after 9/11 a british citizen was interviewed and said something along the lines of "When a Yank needs a hand, call a Brit." I was so touched by that statement of friendship. I know that I am just as affected by these events as if they happened in my own city. My thoughts are with the people of London and the UK, and I hope that all of our community here is safe.

delericho

Legend
Fortunately, if that word can be used about anything today, London is blessed with excellent emergency services who are experienced in dealing with events of this type, and who had well-developed plans for responding to the attacks. By all accounts, they have been doing a great job.

I was in the centre of Glasgow about 2 hours ago, and the police there were out in force, spread around the city keeping watch. I expect that similar scenes can be found in Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, and other key cities. It is very reassuring that someone has gone to the effort of putting response plans in place, and that this wasn't the surprise it might have been. (It was, of course, no less of a shock for all that.)

ragboy

Explorer
My thoughts go out to you guys in London. I'm heartened to see that "solid British practicality" in the face of this tragedy. (S'mon: your wife's blog was brilliant)

Take care...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads