• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Explosions in London

I will refrain from political thoughts, though I have many right now, none of which are 'civil' in regards to any who could partake, condone, or claim participation in the murder of untold innocents.

To those in London. I wish you well. I wish your familes well. I wish your friends well. I wish all those in London well.

It trully saddens me that my wish will not come true for untold numbers of my fellow human beings.

May we unite to prevent these horrifying, despicable attacks upon mankind.

Psionicist

Explorer
I'll quote Knight Otu: My condolences to everyone affected by this. I have lots of relatives in London, sure hope they are okay. The actual event and the possible consequences are not good at all... UK residents, please keep this in mind in the near future:

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."
- Benjamin Franklin

AIM-54

First Post
delericho said:
I was in the centre of Glasgow about 2 hours ago, and the police there were out in force, spread around the city keeping watch. I expect that similar scenes can be found in Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, and other key cities. It is very reassuring that someone has gone to the effort of putting response plans in place, and that this wasn't the surprise it might have been. (It was, of course, no less of a shock for all that.)

There've been reports here in DC that security on the Metro has been increased, including guys with SMGs. I can't confirm as I haven't been on the train since 7:30 this morning at which point there wasn't any, at least at my stations. It's possible it's only some stations or an errant report. There'll probably be some reaction to this at any rate, much like there was after the March 11 attack in Madrid.

I'll also add my condolences and prayers to those most affected by this and all our British friends across the pond.

smootrk

First Post
This is just another reason I prefer the suburban life here in the US. The more time goes on, the more I prefer to live farther from the major population centers.

My heart is with everyone in GB right now. Keep yourselves safe.

Ferret

Explorer
I turned on the news around three and saw the news. I'm really saddened by all the deths and injuries that have happened because of this, my heart goes out to all those in london and those with people in londond. I'm also saddened that people could want to do this.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
AIM-54 said:
There've been reports here in DC that security on the Metro has been increased, including guys with SMGs. I can't confirm as I haven't been on the train since 7:30 this morning at which point there wasn't any, at least at my stations. It's possible it's only some stations or an errant report. There'll probably be some reaction to this at any rate, much like there was after the March 11 attack in Madrid.

Boston has also increased the security level on the MBTA (the subway and bus system here).

And I'll also add my condolences and prayers for everyone affected in London.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
S'mon said:
Tube = Subway, underground train lines.

Casualty = anyone injured enough to go to hospital, not just dead & critically wounded.

Thanks, I was fairly sure that is what it was, but I am not up to date on english lingo. ;)

When I think of Casualties, I think dead, not just injured. Odd don't you think, how two different cultures have different ideas and names for things and are great friends while two other nations have different ideas and names for things and just want to kill each other.

Thanks for the info. Hope things are going well for and yours and I'll pray for your country.

S'mon

Legend
ragboy said:
My thoughts go out to you guys in London. I'm heartened to see that "solid British practicality" in the face of this tragedy. (S'mon: your wife's blog was brilliant)

Take care...

Well, Ingrid is a Tennessean, they're tough. :) Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads