• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Explosions in London

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Get this, Aldgate has a very heavy Muslim populous according to what I've seen on the news. How can you condone endangering your own people in this 'war'? Not that I'm condoning any of it btw.

I hope the above makes some semblance of sense, it's just that I'm very angry at the moment and just want to sound off in a way that would slay Eric's grandma on the spot.

One point I want to make with re to the above and possibly the only 'good' thing to come out of it is that it will severley lessen any knock-on effect with regards to pissed off UK citizens wanting to vent their anger out on some poor Muslim sod. The last thing we need is any more casualties to come from this horrific incident.

WHAT THE F**K IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!???

Again, I hope what I just said makes sense.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
S'mon said:
They do use it as a softer form of 'deaths', too. I'm still hopeful the death toll will be significantly below the Bali & Madrid statistics; 35 bodies were recovered from the Underground, that total will go up somewhat, and it looks like a very large number of deaths on the bus, maybe 20+, but it could still be confined to double figures which is something.

Don't get me wrong, double digit death totals is still too high, one would be high enough, but I think it could have been worse. The more I think about it the more I think they really failed in what they wanted to do. They struck during a prime rush hour from my understanding, the death toll could have been much worse.

When 911 happened they projected 50,000 deaths per tower and if they would have waited for another half hour they may have gotten that, but since they struck before most people were at work, the death toll was much less.

It may still be too early to say what the total will be, but I too hope it is small.

Not really the best time perhaps, but congrats on the 2012 Olympics.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Wulf Ratbane said:
Nope, I apologize. Sorry Plane Sailing. I understand and agree with your intentions.

Thanks for that Wulf.

Naturally I'm feeling a little tense today, plus I know that initial reports along those claiming to be responsible almost always get corrected or refined later. The fact that someone claiming to be affiliated to Al Qaeda claims responsibility is neither here nor there yet. AQ seems like the obvious candidates in one way or another since this follows their modus operandi - no warning, kill lots of civilians. Either way the're bastards.

In the future I hope that anyone who disagrees with an aspect of moderation would, as a first action, email the moderator in question so a quick discussion can take place off the boards. As often the case the terseness of internet communication can lead to a degree of misintepretation. Much better that way than complaining about them in the thread.

Thanks to all the support for everyone in the UK from ENworld. Much appreciated.

scrubkai

Explorer
From my entire gaming group over here in Chicago...

Our best wishes and thoughts are with all the people of London.
May the evil of terrorism never strike your city again,
and perhaps more importantly let us all join together and work to make sure that all of human kind learns the futility of violence.

No matter what our personal views are, we are all in this world together and we all need to work together to support each other if we are ever going to reach beyond our current situation and come to a solution that is better for all people.

May whatever blessings I have to give fall on each of you reading this....

Kai

AIM-54

First Post
AIM-54 said:
There've been reports here in DC that security on the Metro has been increased, including guys with SMGs. I can't confirm as I haven't been on the train since 7:30 this morning at which point there wasn't any, at least at my stations. It's possible it's only some stations or an errant report.

Okay, I can confirm it now. There's a bit on the security of mass transit systems in DC and NY on the front page of The Washington Post.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Kanegrundar said:
Big time, ditto there. It's not like we're taking sides in a political debate. We're talking about EVIL people that do terrible things. IMO, if anyone gets insulted that anyone condems Al Qaeda, they need to seriously reevaluate their position. Evil is evil, that's it and that's all.

Kane

Ok. Enough.

I think it's one thing to mention that "Al Queda did it" but it's another to 1) bash them for it (whether they deserve it or not, I'm NOT GETTING INTO IT!) and 2) bash the mods for stepping in. Plane Sailing is going thru the stress the rest of you Brits are right now, so give him a break!

Darth K'Trava

First Post
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have been affected by this. I can only hope that 1) there's not a whole bunch of casualties and 2) there's not a repeat of this.

Banshee16

First Post
My condolences out to any of our Brit, and fellow Commonwealth members who have been affected by this. With luck, the number of casualties won't grow too far, though any at all is too many :(

Banshee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads