• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Extended Rest Topic Roundup

Kurtomatic

First Post
Hey All,

I've been collecting ENW threads discussing Extended Rests, vis-à-vis Recovery Economy and Adventuring Day concerns. I've found most of the threads I knew of previously, and a few I didn't, but am still missing one.

I could have sworn there was a recent thread (last 1 - 2 months) about using 1 week extended rests as a narrative, chronological progression throttle. The primary concern being zero-to-hero in a matter of (game-context) weeks instead of years. I thought this was a different, interesting angle on the problem, and wanted to review it again. It may have been in General, rather than here. My search-fu is failing me; am I suffering a memory hallucination here?

Any help is appreciated. Also greatly appreciate links to any similar, useful threads I may have missed (including non-ENW sources).

The theads I've collected so far linked below (in no particular order):

Thanks Heaps!

LostSoul

Adventurer
That was one of my concerns and one of the reasons we changed it in the game... no so much "zero-to-hero" but the amount of stuff the PCs could get done vs. what the rest of the world could accomplish. Time needed to pass for NPCs to get their acts together.

I never made a thread about it. I don't think. I did mention it on the game log in my sig, maybe a few other places. That might be what you're thinking of.

Remove ads