• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eyes of the Lich Queen

Crothian

First Post
We have been playing through the module and it has been great. It really is a tough module with most encounters higher then the PCs are. The treasure and advancement rate are a bit high but the plot and encounters rock. I really like the new encounter pages they have. It makes encounters easier to use and makes sure there are less of them.

Anyone else going though this yet? We are half way through chapter three.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Crothian said:
We have been playing through the module and it has been great. It really is a tough module with most encounters higher then the PCs are. The treasure and advancement rate are a bit high but the plot and encounters rock. I really like the new encounter pages they have. It makes encounters easier to use and makes sure there are less of them. Anyone else going though this yet? We are half way through chapter three.

I'm running it for my group, it's tons of fun. My players are back on the ship just after getting their new "tattoos". They are suitably freaked out. Trouble is, weather it's me or them, they are an ultra-paranoid group who is already grumbling about Sur'kil sending them in there knowing it would happen to them as some sort of experiment. Methinks this NPC has some fast-talking to do. ;)

The temple with the black dragons and the different shafts they used to get up and down made for a super, knock-down-drag-em-out encounter.

Glyfair

Explorer
Crothian said:
Anyone else going though this yet? We are half way through chapter three.

This weekend I should be finishing up Chapter 2 and likely starting Chapter 3. Two of my players started a bit above the starting recommendation (one was 6th, the other nearly 6th) and they are just about getting to the point where the group is catching up to them. Even so, the encounters have in general not been too tough.

Glyfair

Explorer
Frostmarrow said:
There is a sidebar that explains that the map is missing and gives you instructions on how to make one, though.

The biggest issue is that the map it is based on doesn't have the locations properly marked. So you have to improvise the basic map, and then come up with the player handout.

I just overcame a hangup in my CC3 installation, so I might tackle it before this weekend.

Crothian

First Post
I just said "You have map and it will get you where you need to go." Sometimes I just don't have the time to make a hand out.

Glyfair

Explorer
Crothian said:
I just said "You have map and it will get you where you need to go." Sometimes I just don't have the time to make a hand out.

Yeah, that's what I intend to do if I don't get to it. It seems no one else has taken anyone up on the "create a map and share it" challenge, though.

Glyfair

Explorer
Glyfair said:
I just overcame a hangup in my CC3 installation, so I might tackle it before this weekend.

I have pieced together a preliminary map. My biggest issue is finding some art of the "two skeletal dragons fighting." I'm not close to an artist and don't see anything appropriate out there.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Nlogue said:
"Hell's Heart" was the final wrap-up adventure to the series...but now it will not appear in Dungeon (obviously) so I guess it ends with "Quoth the Raven" unless WotC lets me do "HH" as a 32 pager or whatnot.
Couldn't it be published in the online version of Dungeon?

Remove ads