Falcon and winter solider

hopeless

Adventurer
And returning those infinity stones apparently required Steve to come to grips with his situation leading to him getting on with his life until he decided to return when he did.
So I'd agree about him returning in an advisory role, now if some event causes him to regain his youth though...

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
And returning those infinity stones apparently required Steve to come to grips with his situation leading to him getting on with his life until he decided to return when he did.
So I'd agree about him returning in an advisory role, now if some event causes him to regain his youth though...
The Super Soldier serum is supposed to dramatically slow aging. He shouldn't have been old in the first place. Of course, the fact that he aged so much is evidence that they don't feel constrained to following the comics. It could also be used as an justification to return his youth.

The Super Soldier serum is supposed to dramatically slow aging. He shouldn't have been old in the first place. Of course, the fact that he aged so much is evidence that they don't feel constrained to following the comics. It could also be used as an justification to return his youth.

Maybe the whole frozen in ice for 70 years thing screwed it up in his system. Plus, look at Isaiah and his age. The version given to him did not slow his aging. So far, Bucky is the only one to get a version of the serum that has truly stopped his aging.

hopeless

Adventurer
In the comics he was drained of his super soldier serum and that was what caused the aging.
I think restoring some to him restored his youth.
I know there was a series where he discovered he was basically "juiced" up and after a brief time corrupted by a drug overdose he went through withdrawal in an effort to deal with his situation.
He fought Crossbones during that arc too.
I wonder what if when he returned he was captured and drained, but survived the experience and left with the shield?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Maybe the whole frozen in ice for 70 years thing screwed it up in his system. Plus, look at Isaiah and his age. The version given to him did not slow his aging. So far, Bucky is the only one to get a version of the serum that has truly stopped his aging.
Or was it him being repeatedly put on ice? My guess is it's being put on ice.

MarkB

Legend
Bucky was also frozen in ice for most of that time.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe the whole frozen in ice for 70 years thing screwed it up in his system.

He's referring to the comics continuity, in which he was frozen in ice, but also experienced slow aging - he came out of the ice in the 1960s, and, aside from times that his powers were removed, he hasn't aged significantly in the decades since. The longevity thing is their way around how otherwise Rogers should be physically about 80 years old, which is a bit much for shield-flinging and jumping around an punching people, you know?

I don't think they're playing the longevity card in the MCU at this time.

Remove ads