Falcon and winter solider

hawkeyefan

Legend
That was a very solid first episode. Some good character stuff. A but of action. A bit of mystery. Some social tension.

Definitely will be keeping with this. Hopefully this is a strong indication of the quality we can expect.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I was surprised to find myself underwhelmed with the trailers, and then equally surprised to find that I LOVED the first episode. Really great stuff.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I don't know, on one hand I loved it. On the other hand... I'm worried they are going to be heavy handed with the metaphor...

I am not sure I care about that boat/family business thing at all.
The character drama in Wandavision worked because it fueled the whole story of why strange things are happening. But this sounds like it could be like the Palmer-family-drama in 24 - stuff that we can mostly use as excuse to explain why we never see Jack Bauer on the toilet or stuck in LA traffic. But the story is still pretty open so far and it might be a bit premature to judge its influence or relevance to the story.
Overall I enjoyed it. Some good action and some nice character work.

hawkeyefan

Legend
Yeah the family business seems to be to give Sam some motivation and also lend some context. I have a feeling there will be some parallels to Sam’s decision about the shield and this new Captain America.

MarkB

Legend
I suspect it's intended to set up Sam being tempted by mercenary work. How are superheroes supposed to make a living?

Yeah the family business seems to be to give Sam some motivation and also lend some context. I have a feeling there will be some parallels to Sam’s decision about the shield and this new Captain America.
I could see these factors leading into Sam becoming employed as a mentor / trainer to the new Captain America, leading to much personal angst as he starts to realise just how much abler and better suited he is to the role than the guy who's actually doing it.

Ultimately I figure this new Captain America will wind up being either a turncoat or a redshirt. Hard to say which at this point.

nevin

Hero
I could see these factors leading into Sam becoming employed as a mentor / trainer to the new Captain America, leading to much personal angst as he starts to realise just how much abler and better suited he is to the role than the guy who's actually doing it.

Ultimately I figure this new Captain America will wind up being either a turncoat or a redshirt. Hard to say which at this
My guess is he's Hydra

Remove ads