• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Falcon and winter solider

Ultimately I figure this new Captain America will wind up being either a turncoat or a redshirt. Hard to say which at this point.
My guess is he's Hydra

In the comics, John Walker, AKA US Agent, turns out to be corrupt and too violent and he and Sam/Falcon have a lot of conflict between them. Whether they follow that path in the show or not, who knows, but the expression on his face when he is introduced at the press conference already makes me want to tag him as an ass, good guy or not.

Rune

Once A Fool
In the comics, John Walker, AKA US Agent, turns out to be corrupt and too violent and he and Sam/Falcon have a lot of conflict between them. Whether they follow that path in the show or not, who knows, but the expression on his face when he is introduced at the press conference already makes me want to tag him as an ass, good guy or not.
It’s worth pointing out that his MCU uniform includes a sidearm. Whether or not he ever uses it in the show, it’s part of the image the government is selling in the new Captain America.

Which is probably pretty much the same image they tried to sell with the old one.

Stalker0

Legend
I suspect it's intended to set up Sam being tempted by mercenary work. How are superheroes supposed to make a living?
As far as I know, the Sokovia Accords did pass right? I mean sure Cap had his little rebellion but as far as I know the accords were not rescinded, so in theory any superhero should be bound to the government but also should receive some form of pay.

MarkB

Legend
As far as I know, the Sokovia Accords did pass right? I mean sure Cap had his little rebellion but as far as I know the accords were not rescinded, so in theory any superhero should be bound to the government but also should receive some form of pay.
Sam certainly still seems bound to the government (he's working with the military in the opening action sequence) but I don't know if that arrangement ever included funding. Maybe they assumed Stark would foot the bills.

I wonder how the Sokovia accords weathered the Blip. Certainly none of the Avengers waited for government clearance before leaping into action against Thanos's forces, and when Rogers and Romanov are coordinating efforts across and beyond the world during the intervening time between Thanos's death and Scott Lang's re-appearance, there's no sense of government oversight there. I'm pretty sure they didn't clear the whole time-travel Infinity Stones heist plan with the UN either.

hawkeyefan

Legend
I could see these factors leading into Sam becoming employed as a mentor / trainer to the new Captain America, leading to much personal angst as he starts to realise just how much abler and better suited he is to the role than the guy who's actually doing it.

Ultimately I figure this new Captain America will wind up being either a turncoat or a redshirt. Hard to say which at this point.

Depends on how much they draw from the comics. The character in question has been a near outright villain to a misguided but well-intentioned foil to an outright hero.

My guess is some mix of the first two.

The family fishing boat loan scene and the reveal of Captain America also set up the fact that despite being a hero, in America, he is still subjected to racism

Yup. Oh you helped restore half the population of the universe and then beat the guy who had done it? Wow, thanks...but, no....we can’t grant you a loan.

I imagine that’s just a small taste of what we’ll see.

Stalker0

Legend
Yup. Oh you helped restore half the population of the universe and then beat the guy who had done it? Wow, thanks...but, no....we can’t grant you a loan.

I imagine that’s just a small taste of what we’ll see.
I appreciate the imagery of it, though realistically the only thing stopping Sam in theory is pride. I cannot imagine that Pepper Potts would not give Sam either a loan or most likely just a good chunk of money to get his life back in order if he were to ask.

Hell....Sam just needs to start a gofundme. With the crazy amount of money some people have been able to get on that thing, you can't tell me a literal world saving hero couldn't get money to save his parents business!

hawkeyefan

Legend
I appreciate the imagery of it, though realistically the only thing stopping Sam in theory is pride. I cannot imagine that Pepper Potts would not give Sam either a loan or most likely just a good chunk of money to get his life back in order if he were to ask.

Hell....Sam just needs to start a gofundme. With the crazy amount of money some people have been able to get on that thing, you can't tell me a literal world saving hero couldn't get money to save his parents business!

Ha true. Although we don’t know if all the turmoil caused by the blip has disrupted crowd sourcing.

Remove ads