Falcon and winter solider

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
so the word is that Val was supposed to be introduced in black widow's movie
Yeah, her appearing without context was a bit weird, it will be interesting to see at what point in her history she is at - theres three options for where she might be aligned and what that bodes for John Walkers future

Thought it was a lousy episode- if this was a longer series I would say it was a filler episode. about 40 minutes of mental anguish (felt like I was watching this is us or a million little things) , throw in todays politics in new York at the end and it was a wrap. Right now The better new show for super heroes is invincible

really confused on the park scene-were these regular people zapped by the phone?

Super confused on the Val scene

really confused on the park scene-were these regular people zapped by the phone?

Super confused on the Val scene

No, they are all Flag Smasher supporters/revolutionaries and were just waiting for the signal to "assemble" to help them.

Val is a character in the Black Widow movie, which normally would have come out months before this episode aired. I am guessing that rather than reshoot that scene to give more info on her, Marvel decided to keep it mysterious. I would not be surprised if neither she nor John are in the final episode, except maybe in another end-credits scene.

I also wonder if Walker will become his original comic book character of Super-Patriot, rather than US Agent. From the wiki:

The character of John Walker was first introduced as the supervillain Super-Patriot in Captain America #323 (November 1986). Mark Gruenwald created Walker to counter the general message in Captain America of patriotism being invariably good, describing him as someone "who embodied patriotism in a way that Captain America didn't—a patriotic villain. "Basically, I just wanted to do the opposite of Steve Rogers. Okay, Steve Rogers is a poor northern urban boy. So I'll make a guy from rural middle-class south. Cap is now old, so this guy'll be a real young up-and-comer. Cap has lofty ideals, so I'll make Super-Patriot be more realistic and more pragmatic. So, I put together his background and character traits by playing the opposite game."

That sounds so much more like what the MCU is doing with him than with the US Agent profile.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
It was a slow episode, but the last one was really fast, so I think that balanced this out. The calm before the storm, as the next episode is the finale.

At the end of the Walker-Sam-Bucky fight scene, at first I thought Walker was dead. Didn't his head/neck collide pretty hard with the shield? He is a super soldier, but that doesn't make him invincible. I wonder if it would be a better character arc for him to have died there than continuing on to make trouble. Anyway, I'm interested to see what he does in the next episode with his newly-forged shield.

Sam's arc is basically finished now. I wish we could have seen the new wings that the Wakandans gave him in this episode, but of course Marvel is going to save that for the finale. I'm assuming they're made of Vibranium to make sure that they don't break so "easily" from now on. (what isn't made of Vibranium in the MCU these days? Bucky's arm, the Shield, the Black Panther Suit, the magical Wakandan beads of solving practically any problem, practically everything in Wakanda, and so on. I wonder what Spider-Man with a Vibranium suit would be like. . .)

Bucky also finished his arc, and helped Sam with his throughout this series. His not killing Zemo was a big message to both us and Zemo, showing that your past doesn't have to define you (especially if the past wasn't voluntary). Zemo can still cause problems if Marvel ever wants to bring him back, but I think he's gone for quite a long time. IMO, they're only going to bring him back if they really start running out of ideas.

I would have preferred a bit more of action, but it didn't bother me too much. Both the start and end of the episode had a faster pace than the in-between, and the scenes with Isaiah and Sam, Walker facing the fallout of his actions, and Bucky and Zemo were interesting enough to keep the episode from feeling dull.

I wonder if Sam and Bucky will tell the truth about who really killed Lamar. Should they? Would it be better for his family to believe that his life was avenged to help with their grief? Or would that just be letting Walker off the hook and cause more problems for the future?

Anyway, nice episode, this show doesn't cease to impress me, and I look forward to how the next episode wraps things up and how the future shows are.

MarkB

Legend
I'm guessing Bucky specified the colourscheme for Sam's replacement suit as red-white-and-blue. I'm not sure whether it will have wings (or flight capability without wings) or not - Sam leaving his broken wings behind seemed like a pretty symbolic move along his path to embracing the Captain America role.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I'm guessing Bucky specified the colourscheme for Sam's replacement suit as red-white-and-blue. I'm not sure whether it will have wings (or flight capability without wings) or not - Sam leaving his broken wings behind seemed like a pretty symbolic move along his path to embracing the Captain America role.
Yea, no way they're wings, it's gotta be a vibranium super-suit like Black Panther's.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
But is he still the Falcon, or is he closing out the series as now being Captain America?
Animated GIF

Remove ads