Falcon and winter solider

I liked the episode. The montage where Sam practices with the shield was good, but the timing was off on it. I would have enjoyed it more if Sam and Bucky hadn't been throwing the shield around nearly flawlessly 10 minutes before the montage of Sam being pretty bad at it and needing lots of practice. We should have seen that montage right before Bucky showed up.

Yeah, I noticed that too.
It didn't help that there was also a boat fixing montage in between (actually it might have been just before) the shield throwing montages. Kinda threw the pacing off a little, but overall another really well written episode.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah, I noticed that too.
It didn't help that there was also a boat fixing montage in between (actually it might have been just before) the shield throwing montages. Kinda threw the pacing off a little, but overall another really well written episode.
My kids and I were making jokes that we wished we could pick up olympic-level skills or build/repair large objects/machines just by playing some good loud music and working for a few days....

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yea, no way they're wings, it's gotta be a vibranium super-suit like Black Panther's.
Embrace the power of AND...

1618797806732.png

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Personally I like the idea of Shuri having long since reverse-engineered the plant and being able to recreate or even improve its effect in the lab. That would be very much in line with her character.

I'm not a fan of that idea. You seem to be thinking of that as, well, just one more drug, a pharmaceutical technology.

To the Wakandans, there's a spiritual element to that herb that you aren't going to get by getting it from a test tube.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I would have enjoyed it more if Sam and Bucky hadn't been throwing the shield around nearly flawlessly 10 minutes before the montage of Sam being pretty bad at it and needing lots of practice. We should have seen that montage right before Bucky showed up.

There's a difference between playing simple catch standing still, and doing parkour and acrobatics while attempting varying planned ricochet strikes at full combat speed..

There's a difference between playing simple catch standing still, and doing parkour and acrobatics while attempting varying planned ricochet strikes at full combat speed..

This. I have watched the episode twice and in the training montage, Sam is going at it much harder and putting a lot more force into the throws.

But what has always amazed me is how magically well everyone catches the shield when it comes back to them. Their arm just seems to always fit perfectly into the straps on the back. I could see it if the shield were flat, but with the curve the edge has, there really should be no way for it to go back onto the arm the way it does.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
This. I have watched the episode twice and in the training montage, Sam is going at it much harder and putting a lot more force into the throws.

But what has always amazed me is how magically well everyone catches the shield when it comes back to them. Their arm just seems to always fit perfectly into the straps on the back. I could see it if the shield were flat, but with the curve the edge has, there really should be no way for it to go back onto the arm the way it does.
The Shield is perfectly balanced, extremely light, kinetic energy absorbing blah blah

okay its magic

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Yes, but he added those extras in the middle of the montage. At the beginning he was just playing catch with it while standing still. His first throw was even wobbly. The level of skill in his first few throws was less than he displayed with Bucky.

Remove ads