Falcon and winter solider

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Wakanda doesn't seem to have a clear line of succession, given the rites surrounding T'Challa's ascension to the throne. There's an expectation that the king's son (or maybe daughter, we don't know how equal Wakanda is in this regard) is next in line, but the heir apparent still has to defend their claim. Shuri is real competent at what she does, but I do not see her beating up M'Baku at Warrior Falls without any gadgets. Okoye might, though, but she does not seem like a person who wants to rule, and that's kind of demanded by the Wakandan traditions.

So, we can look to the comics to see how it might play out.

In the comics, the Skrulls do their "Secret Invasion" thing. Dealing with the Secret Invasion involves the Illuminati - a bunch of heroes (Mr. Fantastic, Tony Stark, Doc Strange, and others) who do a lot of controlling things in secret. At the end of Secret Invasion, we are introduced to the Cabal - a group of antagonists and villains, a kind of dark version of the Illuminati. T'Challa is invited to join the Cabal. He refuses and is attacked by Doctor Doom, who grievously wounds him, and puts T'Challa in a coma.

Shuri takes his place as Black Panther. T'Challa recovers, but never takes back leadership of Wakanda before it is destroyed, IIRC.

So, since there is an upcoming Secret Invasion series, and we expect the Fantastic Four, and Doctor Doom, to come along, we might see a variation of this story.

MarkB

Legend
Wakanda doesn't seem to have a clear line of succession, given the rites surrounding T'Challa's ascension to the throne. There's an expectation that the king's son (or maybe daughter, we don't know how equal Wakanda is in this regard) is next in line, but the heir apparent still has to defend their claim. Shuri is real competent at what she does, but I do not see her beating up M'Baku at Warrior Falls without any gadgets. Okoye might, though, but she does not seem like a person who wants to rule, and that's kind of demanded by the Wakandan traditions.
The line of succession is clear, but subject to challenge. And more to the point, the position of Black Panther is linked to succession, but separate from it. T'Challa was already the Black Panther before he was king - even before his father was killed. Shuri might similarly inherit one role separately from the other.

So, does anyone have any wild, or not so wild, speculation on how the series finale will go? It has already been officially said that this series is supposed to be setting up a couple of the upcoming movies, but which ones? Since Black Widow was supposed to come out before this show, it can't be that one. As for speculation, I do not expect to see Val or Walker in it. Torres may show up in the Falcon wings. I don't like Sharon being bad, but I think she is the Power Broker's primary rival, and not the current Power Broker.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So, does anyone have any wild, or not so wild, speculation on how the series finale will go? It has already been officially said that this series is supposed to be setting up a couple of the upcoming movies, but which ones? Since Black Widow was supposed to come out before this show, it can't be that one. As for speculation, I do not expect to see Val or Walker in it. Torres may show up in the Falcon wings. I don't like Sharon being bad, but I think she is the Power Broker's primary rival, and not the current Power Broker.

It looks like a pretty straightforward showdown at the GRC Headquarters in NYC. So Falcon heads there to stop the Flagsmashers, Bucky joins him, Torres is there providing air support. Sam wants to talk Karli down, the Flagsmashers are about to give up but then Walker shows up and makes a mess (possibly Karli is killed/hurt).

Aftermath: Bucky and Sam go back to Louisiana and start the BuckyGump Shrimp boating business (Bucky is still flirting with Sams sister, despite the 50 yr age gap)

Post credit: Contessa Val goes to Thaddeus Ross and tells him that Walker might be a useful asset for the ‘New Team’.

Aftermath: Bucky and Sam go back to Louisiana and start the BuckyGump Shrimp boating business (Bucky is still flirting with Sams sister, despite the 50 yr age gap)

Um, Bucky is 106, so more like a 70 year age gap. Though his chronological and biological age are nowhere close to each other, so who knows. And most people don't seem to care about the older man, younger woman relationship. lol

MarkB

Legend
It looks like a pretty straightforward showdown at the GRC Headquarters in NYC. So Falcon heads there to stop the Flagsmashers, Bucky joins him, Torres is there providing air support. Sam wants to talk Karli down, the Flagsmashers are about to give up but then Walker shows up and makes a mess (possibly Karli is killed/hurt).

Post credit: Contessa Val goes to Thaddeus Ross and tells him that Walker might be a useful asset for the ‘New Team’.
The only thing I'd add to that is that Batroc is going to turn out not to be on the Flag Smashers' side. He joined them on the pretext of having a score to settle with Sam, but he's actually there as the Power Broker's agent.

Well really Wakanda needs to get past this whole hereditary monarchy/trial by combat stuff. They've got a ton of cool technology and apparently a high standard of living, but their political theory seemingly doesn't care about the consent of the governed.

I'm sure the MCU's target audience would go gaga over a Black Panther 2 that delves deep into political philosophy.

Anyway, I know they've said they won't recast T'Challa, but T'Challa could decide to focus on being the ruler of Wakanda, enacting reforms and handling the politics, while a new person takes on the mantle of Black Panther. Right now, I'm rather smitten with Aldis Hodge. He had a great presence in One Night in Miami. Aldis Hodge - IMDb

Remove ads