Falcon and winter solider

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I really, really hope that I can keep up with the MCU without Wandavision. I just couldn't get into it.
I tend to dislike the slower pace, meandering plots, and quality dips of television series in general. So I could see myself staying a fan of the films, not watching the tv shows (like every other franchise). Just hope I can keep up (or read summaries online).
Wandavision had a tight focus on the plot. It just was subtle the first two episodes. And I'm not sure about what quality dips you are referring to. But you are spot on with the slower pace that a TV miniseries takes vs. movie. The movie being both atomically whole - no one watches half a movie and expects it to be complete - and much shorter in total length will have a faster pace.

But MCU as a whole doesn't seem to require watching anything else, other works in the universe just enhance it. WandaVision made the most sense with an introduction to the characters, so D+ put out short spotlights on them. They also did the same for Sam and Bucky as we head into F+WS.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
All first reactions for anything are positive. The first reactions to WW1984 and Rise of Skywalker were overwhelmingly positive.

Just wait till it comes out. These 'first reactions' are always the same, and they rarely reflect the opinion two days after release.

I'm sure this is going to be great, but I've no interest in the usual gushing 'first reactions' from people given advance screenings.

Didn't expect that cameo. Looks like it takes place a few months after Endgame, also if a line is anything to go by life span has dropped. It's a good opening I think.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases