Falcon and winter solider

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Personally I’d expect that Ross is a leader of the GRC - it would be interesting if the GRC and the Power Broker are so intimately aligned (of course theyve already done the Hydra infiltrates SHIELD story)

If they did this, it wouldn't have to be an "infiltrates" story. It can be more a "beware, government can over-reach" as we have seen from Ross previously, and people like Hayward more recently. It is a pretty standard theme.

The problem with making Ross into the Power Broker is that Ross has, to my understanding, always been a patriot (if a misguided, overzealous one). He's not been portrayed as the sort to take his program to create superior military forces out into another country, and then sell those powers. Which is not to say that it cannot be done, but to be cogent, it'd need a lot of explaining. I don't think "the world turned upside down" is in and of itself is sufficient to the task. We shall see.

In the comics, Power Broker is more an icon of corporate malfeasance than government, but they could do something different in the MCU.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
Bingeable formats don’t really drive retention the way a weekly format does. We wouldn’t even be TALKING about WS episodes if we’d all binged it. Gotta keep folks talking.

Its true, and my guess is that as time goes on more steaming services will switch back to the weekly format. The binge shows were great for splash and to get subscribers, but the weekly format does help hold people's attention longer.

I do think the binge format might survive for "lackluster shows". The binge format can cover up for a weak show, as it doesn't have to be as engaging. A show where you have to wait a week has to hook you. hehe the binge format could be the new Friday night time slot:)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
If they did this, it wouldn't have to be an "infiltrates" story. It can be more a "beware, government can over-reach" as we have seen from Ross previously, and people like Hayward more recently. It is a pretty standard theme.

The problem with making Ross into the Power Broker is that Ross has, to my understanding, always been a patriot (if a misguided, overzealous one). He's not been portrayed as the sort to take his program to create superior military forces out into another country, and then sell those powers. Which is not to say that it cannot be done, but to be cogent, it'd need a lot of explaining. I don't think "the world turned upside down" is in and of itself is sufficient to the task. We shall see.

In the comics, Power Broker is more an icon of corporate malfeasance than government, but they could do something different in the MCU.

Yeah I’d be suprised if it is Ross, the blip would have to have really scrambled world politics for him to make the change (and that wasnt evident in WandaVision).

I can see Ross being the US rep on the GRC and the Power Broker being ‘aligned‘ to the GRC too - indeed the GRC being the new nefarious Organisation for the MCU future is another theory Ive seen which I think is more credible.

NB Also add Victor Von Doom to the GRC, as the Heroic leader of Latveria that went in and helped rebuild the former towns and villages of Sokovia and then the other European nations affected by the Blip.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
OMG I had an idle moment and it hit me - the GRC needs to be an ’Enlightened Council’ made up of Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross (USA), The Powerbroker (Asia), Dr Victor Von Doom (Europe), Ambassador Ororo Munroe(Africa), Dr Strange (Sorcerer Supreme) and Professor Xavier (just because)...

Prince Namor can join later

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There is something about this show that is missing for me. I like it, but I don't love it, and I don't know why.

I mean, it is pretty normal Marvel stuff. WandaVision was a massive departure in style, a great creative effort. Falcon and Winter Soldier is in the style of Civil War. There's plot motion, but not a lot of innovation in the storytelling.

And that's okay. We need some standard material in there too, or else you probably wear out the audience.

Vael

Legend
Yeah, after the out of the box Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier feels very a little staid. I'm enjoying it, the cast is solid, but it's not as enthralling and enticing as Wandavision.

I mean, it is pretty normal Marvel stuff. WandaVision was a massive departure in style, a great creative effort. Falcon and Winter Soldier is in the style of Civil War. There's plot motion, but not a lot of innovation in the storytelling.

And that's okay. We need some standard material in there too, or else you probably wear out the audience.

Well, if covid had not messed up the release schedule, this would have come out before WandaVision, so the adjustment from one to the other would not have happened at all.

And after this, we jump into the craziness of Loki. Because of that, I think the changed release schedule works better. This way, we do not go from the crazy of WandaVision straight into the crazy of Loki, but instead have this show in between, to calm things down.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases