• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallout 3 - Today's the day!

Shayuri

First Post
If you head to Arafel overland from Megaton, you'll probably bump into Bigtown.

Can't help ya with the Infirmary. There's some quests you get from folks in Bigtown though.

EricNoah

Adventurer
My first guy is a guns/repair/scientist/sneak guy and he's mostly very nice to people though he's a bit of a klepto. He's got the coolest beard, though... [sblock]there's a robot servant in a house you can buy/earn that will allow you to change your hair choices.[/sblock]

I think I will do a melee/unarmed guy next time and choose the dark path instead.

evilgenius8000

First Post
Related to the above spoiler:
You'll actually find at least one other being who can give you a hair cut, and even one that can do some form of plastic surgery to change your appearance :)

edit: Weird... how do you do the button spoiler?

Phaezen

Adventurer
Related to the above spoiler:
[sblock]You'll actually find at least one other being who can give you a hair cut, and even one that can do some form of plastic surgery to change your appearance :)[/sblock]

edit: Weird... how do you do the button spoiler?

Like that?

The code is sblock inside the square brackets instead of spoiler.

Phaezen

Felon

First Post
So, I've been playing a couple of days now. Feeling a little undergunned, as the 10mm pistol does a poor job of stopping things like radscorpions and giant ants. And there's no way in heck I can survive Super-Duper Mart. Is there some easy way to get a better weapon?

I guess I brought some of the trouble on myself, as my prime skills are Lockpicking, Science, and Sneak. Then again, the only benefit I see in picking those three skills is a one-time 15-point boost to each.

I like that each ability score seems useful, as do most of the skills. No obvious dumpstat.

evilgenius8000

First Post
Reply to Felon: [sblock]You probably shouldn't have gone to the Super Duper Mart first. The Springvale Elementary school's a bit easier, and you'll get a rifle that should make the Mart easier.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Another hint for the Mart

If you have high Stealth, you can actually get some goods in the Super Mart without getting seen.

Sneak before clicking on the door. When you appear inside the Mart, look to your right. There's a little office area over there that you should be able to get to without being seen. Inside the office are various goods, including a laser pistol.

Pants

First Post
So, I've been playing a couple of days now. Feeling a little undergunned, as the 10mm pistol does a poor job of stopping things like radscorpions and giant ants. And there's no way in heck I can survive Super-Duper Mart. Is there some easy way to get a better weapon?

I guess I brought some of the trouble on myself, as my prime skills are Lockpicking, Science, and Sneak. Then again, the only benefit I see in picking those three skills is a one-time 15-point boost to each.

I like that each ability score seems useful, as do most of the skills. No obvious dumpstat.

[sblock]Since you have Science and Sneak, at the far end of the Super Mart, right across from the entrance is a terminal. If you hack that, you can get into the storage area and release a guard robot that will attack the raiders.

Let it do its thing and it could conceivably kill a bunch for you. I didn't, as I mined the door and blew it up when it tried to walk out of the room. :erm:[/sblock]

I got the Bloody Mess perk last night. Wow is that thing fun. Shooting a raider in the torso with a shotgun sends bits of erm... 'residue' flying in every direction. VATS combat is so much fun. :)

Remove ads