Fantasy Craft released (in PDF...)

ruemere

Adventurer
Thank you for your responses so far.

Is there any way to preview the mechanics in actual play? Are there any groups using that system out there? Is there any community/forum where one could find out player's accounts?

My experience with toolbox settings/systems is that they are quite time consuming (so many things you need to address before you move to actual scenario design). Are there are ny sample adventures, settings, locations, NPCs? Given that the book is supposed to be 400 pages long, there is likely to be some sample material... or is there?

Finally, given existence of True20 and Savage Worlds [1], what are the strengths of Fantasy Craft? Specifically, if you were a GM how would you sell the game to a player?

Regards,
Ruemere

[1] To me (and probably to me only), Savage Worlds shares many concepts with True20. While both systems are radically different, the balance of play and party build up feel similar, with True20 being more heroic and Savage Worlds leaning more toward pulpish gaming.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Other then Pathfinder, I can't think of any other 400 page books whose PDFs cost less then $30.
Page count *of PDFs* doesn't exactly impress me. . . or mean very much at all, with regards to appropriate pricing, IMNSHO.

Whatever one wishes to believe about such things, it is literally the case that I would've bought that PDF, had it been a fair amount cheaper (i.e., what I consider reasonable for a RPG PDF), but simply won't, as things stand.

YMMV, naturally.

edit --- Oh, and I know of one other product, so far, where the publisher is following suit. No, it's not 400+ pages, but the book is considerably more than the PDF, if I'm not mistaken. Adamant's supplement for Pathfinder is what I'm referring to, btw. Hopefully, this will catch on. . .

Last edited:

Acid_crash

First Post
That 30 buck pricetag for the pdf is way to high, sorry to say. Drop it to about 15 bucks or so and you have yourself a customer. Either that, or with the hardback of the book having a free code in the book to get a free copy of the pdf would also be a nice touch to include, but I doubt they would have done this.

samsimilian

Explorer
The FC pdf is worth every penny! measured in d&d books it contents about 2 or 3 player's handbooks, a dm guide and a extensive monster manual with an critter/npc generation system. plus the fact that the system is variable enough to play anything from sword and sorcery and high magic to iron heros like settings industrial fantasy. there are so many options and campaign qualities you really can play what you want.
feats and weapon tricks give you so many options tu customize your char, it's really a huge toolbox for players and dm's.
of all the d20 rules i know, i personally think that FC beats them all.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I don't see a full-sized preview, just one unreadable teeny tiny full-page as a postage-stamp "free sample" which is totally worthless to me. I HATE that. I have very bad eyesight, and that just chaps me.

Obryn

Hero
Sounds interesting!

Is Spycraft needed for play (like I believe M&M is for W&W), or is this a standalone system?

It is a shame about the price, though. While I have bought a $30 PDF, that was only because I felt the Mother of All Encounter Tables was a necessary purchase for my Wilderlands game. :) It worked well on my laptop, so I was happy.

But when it comes to a core book.... well, PDF leaves me a little wanting, you know?

-O

Krensky

First Post
I don't see a full-sized preview, just one unreadable teeny tiny full-page as a postage-stamp "free sample" which is totally worthless to me. I HATE that. I have very bad eyesight, and that just chaps me.

This has been addressed. Try the button under the flash flippy page sample thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases