D&D 5E Fantasy Grounds Previews of Tasha's Cauldron

Ahead of the November 17th release date, the product page for Tasha's Cauldron of Everything has several previews on the Fantasy Grounds website. The previews include the origins customization section, group patrons, sidekicks, and a look at the alternate class features for the ranger Beast Master.

Ahead of the November 17th release date, the product page for Tasha's Cauldron of Everything has several previews on the Fantasy Grounds website. The previews include the origins customization section, group patrons, sidekicks, and a look at the alternate class features for the ranger Beast Master.

ScreenOne.jpg
ScreenTwo.jpg
ScreenThree.jpg
ScreenFour.jpg
ScreenFive.jpg
ScreenSix.jpg

If nothing else, they did what I expected and revamped the SCAG attack cantrips to be less cheese prone. Eagle eyed folks have pointed out that the bit of Booming Blade we can see now has a range of Self. That kills using it with Warcaster or Spell Sniper.
But enables 10 ft. range with reach weapons. Or 15' ft with a bugbear with a reach weapon (muahahaha).

Dausuul

Legend
Man, I can't wait for this thing.

It feels like they're assembling 5.5E in plain sight. I see a lot of "alternative options" that just so happen to fix things that were underpowered or poorly designed in the original PHB. I hope there will eventually be a "Compendium of Everything" that pulls together the most popular options and alternatives from the Everything books and inserts them into the core classes; effectively a backwards-compatible 5.5 PHB.

Weiley31

Legend
Very cool. Beastmaster s will be very happy. Should be easy enough to make more primal companions, in order to fill out more roles, without overpowering the subclass.

No sign yet of what they changed about Bladesinger?
So apparently, for Bladesinger, no Elven racial restriction and Bladesong feature can now be used a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus and refreshes on a long rest. Extra attack now includes the ability to cast a cantrip as one of your attacks.

ph0rk

Friendship is Magic, and Magic is Heresy.
That seems like quite a substantial buff. Bladesinger can actually use booming blade.

It does; but it makes a sticky warcaster Eldritch Knight a thing of the past and makes their War Magic feature look even more clunky and awkward.

Weiley31

Legend
It does; but it makes a sticky warcaster Eldritch Knight a thing of the past and makes their War Magic feature look even more clunky and awkward.
I mean, one can always still jack the Bladesinger's extra attack variant for Eldritch Knight. Or if you want to keep that a Bladesinger exclusive for Bladesinger fighting style reasons, you can homebrew Arcane Warrior fighting style as that or just keep the pre altered SCAG cantrips the same and use em that way.

Remove ads

Remove ads