Faq faq faq (no-permissions errors, ads)

darjr

I crit!

Attachments

23 KB · Views: 301

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I keep getting told I need to award XP to other posters before I can award to the person I want to for the post I want to. How many other people do I have to give XP to before I can repeat a person?

On a related note: negative XP. Technically some people are just barely a hairs' breadth from violating Code of Conduct, but are deliberately trying to enflame and enrage, and generally bait people. What can be done to that? They aren't technically violating the rules, but certainly violating the spirit.
(OK, sure, I can ignore them, but they deserve more than just that)

On a related note: negative XP. Technically some people are just barely a hairs' breadth from violating Code of Conduct, but are deliberately trying to enflame and enrage, and generally bait people. What can be done to that? They aren't technically violating the rules, but certainly violating the spirit.
(OK, sure, I can ignore them, but they deserve more than just that)

Deliberately trying to inflame, enrage, and bait people would generally qualify as breaking the rules, mainly the "Keep it Civil" statute and the "Rule 0" catchall. If you believe you are seeing this, I recommend reporting it. I would discourage you from discussing specific problems in public, because that just means you have been successfully inflamed, enraged, and baited.

If I may make a leap of logic about the root cause of your post, I would recommend you continue this discussion in this this thread rather than this sticky.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Deliberately trying to inflame, enrage, and bait people would generally qualify as breaking the rules, mainly the "Keep it Civil" statute and the "Rule 0" catchall. If you believe you are seeing this, I recommend reporting it. I would discourage you from discussing specific problems in public, because that just means you have been successfully inflamed, enraged, and baited.
Yeah, reporting the post(s) in question would be best. You don't need to think too hard about whether a post actually crosses the line or is merely close to it - figuring that out is our job, so feel free to simply report any post that strikes you as problematic. Also, if someone makes a habit of skirting the line, we'll probably notice sooner if their posts are getting reported a lot. :)

ChrisCarlson

First Post
Looked around but found nothing on this. How does one disable or move the "share" bar that pops in on the left margin? FB, Twitter, email, print, etc. icons... It's annoying.

Remove ads