• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorie Star Wars Movies?

Wombat

First Post
1) The Empire Strikes Back
2) A New Hope

[insert large gap]

3) Return of the Jedi

[insert huge gap]

4)Attack of the Clones

[insert nearly immesurable gap]

5) The Phantom Menace

Last edited:

Trivaris

First Post
only the OT, TPM storyline was garbage and Maul while a really cool character unfortunattly wasn't utilized enough.

AOTC was slightly better with cheap jokes like 'this is aggressive negotiations' OK!! GL good one. Good but still not a fav.

the OT destroy's them all hands down. I just hope EP3 is great and GL doesn't screw this up, because of the potential to make the story so rich and indepth thinking plotting, killing & strategy. all leading to teh Jedi's downfall

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
I'm going to have to be a serious dissenter here-

1. Return of the Jedi- Special Edition version. I about **** my pants when I saw this in the theater- between the space battle, the final encounter with the emperor, and, heck, even the Ewoks... I just love a big ending.

2. Attack of the Clones- a sappy love affair, an army of Jedi, and Yoda battling Saruman. It don't get nuttin' better dan dis. And having Jar-Jar make the case to hand over power to Palpatine was fitting. :)

3. Empire Strikes Back- Need I say more?

4. A New Hope- Oddly enough, it was the last of the original three that I ever saw. It didn't particularly excite me.

5. Phantom Menace- there's nothing I can say about this that hasn't already been beaten with a stick. Though Darth Maul was cool.

MEG Hal

First Post
  1. The Empire Strikes Back
  2. Star Wars ANH (Close call with ESB)
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. Attack of the Clones
  5. The Phantom Menace

Last edited:

Captain Tagon

First Post
1)Return of the Jedi
close 2)Empire Strikes Back
close 3)Star Wars
distant 4) Attack of the Clones
very very very distant 5)Star Wars Christmas
even further distant 6)Both Ewok movies
7)The Phantom Menace

The Serge

First Post
1. The Empire Strikes Back: Tight story telling. Great characterization. A sense of real drama. Great special effects that strengthen rather than distract from the story. The Imperial March! One of the best cliffhangers of all time.

2. A New Hope: This is the name of the movie. It's just one of six chapters in the Star Wars line up and was added after it was clear there could and would be sequels. It's funny, I like this largely for the nostalgia and one of the best endings in any film. The dog fight at the Death Star and the fantastic Williams score that accompanies it still has me at the edge of my seat when I watch it. Still, this is far behind TESB.

3. Attack of the Clones and The Phantom Menace are tied for third for me and just slightly under ANH. I like them for different reasons. TPM has a great name and there're are great hints of a good story that Lucas never gets around to telling. However, for sheer fun and excitement, this movie has a lot of it. It also features the best lightsabre duel to date. AotC, however, I like because there's another great story here cluttered under a lot of bad dialogue. Cut out the dialogue (particularly the horrible stuff between Padme and Anakin) and we have another good film.

5. Return of the Jedi: Like the two prequels, a lot of potential here marred by Ewoks and a very, very sappy ending. I'm all for good endings, but I like to see a price paid. The only price we get is Vader's demise, but it really doesn't seem right to me that a man responsible for the murders and deaths of millions is rewarded with an afterlife alongside Kenobi and Yoda even if he was "redeemed."

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Not much love here for Phantom Menace. Personally, I have to put it above Attack of the Clones. tPM has 2 truly interesting characters: Qui-Gon Jin and Darth Maul. Both are somewhat enigmatic, the former a loose-cannon mystic and the latter a true mystery. Both are well portrayed by their actors (and I have to cut Jake Lloyd slack for his acting in that movie since it has become clear that Lucas can't direct actors very well. Poor kid, having a possible career killed by the Star Wars franchise).
Attack of the Clones, by comparison, has one really interesting character: Jango Fett. Everything else is just eye-candy and the eye candy of Phantom Menace was generally better (particularly the Jedi-Sith duel which, I think, kicks the big robot-Jedi-Clone battle at the end of AotC's ass).
Of course tPM has Gungans but we can't expect a post-Empire Lucas movie to not have cringe-worthy aspects to it. Ewoks, Gungans, giant bronco hamsters...

Anyway, my rankings:
Empire
Hope
Jedi
Menace
Clones

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
The Serge said:
It also features the best lightsabre duel to date.

Out of curiosity, have the seen the fan film Art of the Saber?

5. Return of the Jedi: Like the two prequels, a lot of potential here marred by Ewoks and a very, very sappy ending.

"Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings.

All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets."

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads