• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite 3.5 book

palleomortis

First Post
If I had a list of all of the books I'd have made a poll, but that seems a little out of my range of knowledge :p. So, anyways, wich book from the D&D 3.5e was your favorite? And if there's a specific reason, that'd be nice.

Personally, I would have to say either Draconium (Becuase...of the dragons?), or complete warrior, simply becuase it has my kind of classes. (If someone has a list of all the 3.5e books WOTC published, I wouldn't mind havin it.)

Voadam

Legend
Unearthed Arcana.

I like the paragon classes, the spontaneous divine caster variants, the variant class options, recharge magic, gestalt, a whole bunch of good things in there that work to make D&D more to my tastes.

Mieric

First Post
I'm with Vaodam on this one, but for a different reason.

Generic Classes.

Expert, Warrior, Spellcaster goodness - allows me to dump the some classes I've never liked [cleric and bard], combine arcane and divine magic (just flavoring it differently for a priest and wizard), and customize each character via the addition of class abilities.

Agamon

Adventurer
Magic Item Compenduim. Both for the items and the new item building rules. Too bad it only came recently came out, it's not going to get as much millage as most of my 3.5 books.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
From WotC, probably Draconomicon, although Complete Mage was all kinds of swell.

From anyone? Ptolus, all the way. Honestly, my list of best 3.5 books, including all publishers, would likely only have a few WotC books on it.

Wik

First Post
Oh dear. This question again. It's always so tough to decide.

Eberron Campaign Setting? Pretty nifty.

Unearthed Arcana? Since it's been used in every game for the past three years, it should be on there.

Complete Scoundrel or Complete Mage? Both fun books.

rgard

Adventurer
I'll vote Unearthed Arcana as well for the same reasons the others have stated. Also, it's the one book outside the DMG, PHB and MM that has seen the most use in my campaign and others I've played in.

That said, I also like (from WotC) the PHB2, Complete Mage, Complete Arcane and Book of Vile Darkness.

From non-WotC, I like the Complete Book of Eldritch Might, Arcana Unearthed (use the first one more than the 2nd), lots of SSS's books as well.

Sorry, I know you said 'one' book, but my brain is tired today.

Thanks,
Rich

Remove ads