• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Villain Deaths

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
I kinda like the way Blade killed Scud in Blade II.

One of my least favorite deaths was Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones. I like Samuel L. Jackson, but Lucas let Jango go out like a punk. He deserved better than that. (So did Boba in Return of the Jedi for that matter).

JediSoth

Velenne

Explorer
John Malkovich's "Syrus the Virus" character at the end of Con Air has got to be the most prolonged, complicated death scene ever. The finale was landing perfectly on a rock crusher's conveyer belt and getting his head smashed. Sublime. Truly.

Another counter-point quiet death (though not exactly painless): King Edward the Longshanks dying with his eyes open at the end of Braveheart after a long battle with an unknown illness. What was so great about it was that it was right after the princess whispers that she's carrying Wallace's child in his ear. FREEEEDOOOOOOOOM! :D

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
How about longest death? I'd have to go with Pee-Wee Herman playing a vampire toadie in the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" movie.

Johnathan

Villano

First Post
Just a couple off the top of my head:

Kind of crappy movie, but the villian in Die Another Day came to a great end via jet engine.

Chris Lee disintegrating in the sunlight in Horror Of Dracula. I think that was the first time that was ever done.

The ronin in Zatoichi, The Fugitive. One of the best swordfights ever filmed. Plus, a little bit of a trick sword.

The cartoon Wizards. The final duel of wizard brothers comes down to a gun.

Freddy Vs Jason. Two villains in one, long fight to the death.

Evil Ash's first death in Army Of Darkness, before he returns as Undead Ash. The end of the fight between Ashes just after they split. "Little goody two-shoes! Little goody two-shoes!" "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Kurgan in Highlander. Swordfights are always cool.

The Sword & The Sorceror. "Sly sword."

King Ghidora in Destroy All Monsters. It takes practically every monster Toho had to take him down.

Oh, one I almost forgot about was in an anthology of Batman stories that was released when the first Batman movie came out. One of the stories took place in the future with and older Batman (actually, I think two of them did). There's a flashback to Batman's final fight with Joker. Joker gets caught in some giant gears (either they were in a clock tower or it was an elaborate Joker deathtrap). A pretty slow and horrible death and the gears turn and, little by little, Joker pulled in and crushed. He first begins to scream, but, by the end , he is laughing hysterically.

Last edited:

In (wracking brain...) the "western in space" t.v. show that was just on (dang it, it was one of my favorite series last season, I hate these brain freezes!!!!).

How the Captain tells the toadie to take his message to an ex-business partner. Won't take it? Ka-chung-splatter through the engine. Next toadie got the message. :)

Argh, what IS the name of that series?!?!

Heretic Apostate said:
In (wracking brain...) the "western in space" t.v. show that was just on (dang it, it was one of my favorite series last season, I hate these brain freezes!!!!).

How the Captain tells the toadie to take his message to an ex-business partner. Won't take it? Ka-chung-splatter through the engine. Next toadie got the message. :)

Argh, what IS the name of that series?!?!
Firefly, and I just wanted to mention the same scene. :)

Mustrum Ridcully

TiQuinn

A few memorable death scenes:

John Cassavettes finds out that ticking off a telekinetic is a REALLY bad idea in "The Fury".

Gary Oldman holding onto a grenade pin and staring down at a vest full of grenades in "The Professional".

Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman) takes a swan dive out one of the windows of Nakatomi Plaza in "Die Hard". -- my vote for best falling death!

Angel Eyes loses the 3-way showdown in the end of "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".

"Smile, you son of a ---" BOOM! -- Jaws bites the bullet.

Robert DeNiro slowly getting pulled under water in the end of "Cape Fear".

Berandor

lunatic
Terminator - How the machine crawls after Sara and she barely escapes its crushing grip.

Sleepy Hollow - When the headless horseman lifts his former dominatrix up and kisses her, then rides off to Hell (I think she'd be dead then).

Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula - a tragic and nevertheless well-deserved death.

Once upon a time in the West - Henry Fonda lying in the dust, realizing his killier's identity with his final breath. Perhaps my favorite death scene of all time.

Welrain

First Post
Posted my comments, looked at the list and they were all hero's dieing..oops.

Anyway:

Goldeneye - Alex falling from a great height and then getting splatted by the falling dish.

Predator - the irony of the tech-advanced Predator getting splatted by the falling log.

Snatch - the pikeys take their revenge

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Hans Gruber's (Alan Rickman's) death in Die Hard - not because falling is necessarily that cool, but because of the emotional point you get to in that scene while watching the movie.

Last night's Angel has a particularly cool death scene in it
where Angel chops the necromancer's head off with a silver serving plate, and Spike is underneath the head, saying, "bugger."
:)

Also, the T1000 melting in the molten iron vat was absolutely freakin' awesome. IMHO, of course.

Remove ads