Favorite Villain Deaths

rbingham2000

Explorer
What is your favorite way you've seen the bad guy die in a book or movie?

Funny, gruesome or otherwise memorable, I want to hear them.

As for mine:

Funny - the way the terrorist leader buys it in True Lies. Two words: "You're fired."

Gruesome - the "Kiss of the Dragon" delivered by Jet Li in the movie of the same name.

Memorable - the bad guys' final demise in Payback: "You were right not to trust me."

EricNoah

Adventurer
Falling off stuff is a good way to go. Example: Emperor Palpatine getting chucked to his death by Darth Vader.

The three bad nazis opening the lost ark -- faces melting. I feel that way sometimes!

s/LaSH

First Post
Gollum.

Seriously, that final confrontation has so much about it that's tragic, and nobody's goals are 'save the world', but somehow it happens anyway. Plus it's got falling off stuff.

Other memorable deaths...

Any main villain from DragonBallZ - invariably perishing in a continent-shaking pillar of blue-white energy, simply because that's what the hero is using to kill them.

Also from DBZ, Recoom dies by way of fireball to the rear end.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Major villains must die by either falling or being impaled. Really bad guys die by falling onto something that impales them. I have wondered for a while why this is, and I've decided that it has a bit of a "hand of god" feel to it... A really bad bad guy is so evil that its not sufficient for any one person to stick a knife in him or shoot him... he must be killed by the universe itself.

Or its phallic - take your choice. :p

Kahuna burger

Falling:
The Nazi Leader in Blues Brothers... :) (if he died at all, we don`t know for sure - he didn`t return in Blues Brothers 2000, but I am not sure about his "lieutenant".)

The wannabe-king of Tuloc in the movie "Shrek". He is eaten by the Dragon...

Mustrum Ridcully

Buffy third season finale, when Buffy done blow'd up the Mayor.

And as a counterpoint to all the violent deaths sure to be mentioned in this thread: Batty dying peacefully in the rain at the end of Blade Runner.

Remove ads