Favourite D&D adventure

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Boy you DO make this tough...well while I'm still a fan of old school (have fond memories of such things as the Death Cycle in RL along with Knight of the Black Rose adventure), I'm going 3rd and say Rappen Athuk :) Yeah well sue me.

Broken Fang

First Post
This is a tough one...how about "An Orc and his Pie"?

If that one isn't the best then I don't know what is...well ok my actual favorites A1-4 and then GDQ1-7 played in sequence.

RatPunk

First Post
WG-4: Isle of the Ape

One of the best role-playing experiences I've ever had was playing through this module during one summer break from high school. We even used the pre-generated characters. :)

EvilPheemy

First Post
I6 - Ravenloft.

I loved the different goals Strahd could have whenever the adventure was run. Hmmmm.... I might just have to pull the ol' Ravenloft adventure out from it's resting place, and run it for my current players. Most of 'em are too young to have had a meaningful encounter with the Master of Ravenloft Castle.

KP

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Psion said:
Dead Gods

This is Monte's masterpeice, IMO. A gripping, plane-spanning, epic adventure with investigation, intrigue, and bizarre happenings.

Don't forget The Great Modron March...the "companion" to Dead Gods. But yeah Dead Gods is pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Valmur_Dwur

First Post
I agree with the Sigil about N4 Treasure Hunt. I'm getting ready to do a 3e Pbem with that as the starting point in a WoG setting. But back to the question at hand

Destiny of Kings

Purple

First Post
Well, for actually being played I would have to say T1-4, Temple of Elemental Evil. We probably spent around 1 year real time playing through this module, and the areas around it. We continued on to the Slavelord stuff, but it wasn't the same.

Of the stuff that I've read but never played, I would have to go with Feast of Goblyns (sp?), the first module for the Ravinloft campaign set. I've always, always wanted to run it, just due to the mood that it sets. Maybe if I ever find a group to game with again...

-Purple

Otterscrubber

First Post
Best ever

The original Ravenloft module, way before it became an entire campaign into itself. Played on a rainy day and we cleared it all in one session.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
For sheer nostalgia factor I have to say Keep on the Borderlands. This was my first experience ever with D&D.

I got killed by a kobold. ONE kobold.

And I loved it.

Wulf

Tewligan

First Post
Looks like I have to jump on the Lost City bandwagon as well. Cool background and setting, and the lower levels of rooms filled with unrelated monsters just waiting patiently to be chopped up. I still remember the characters dying at Zargon's tentacles close to 20 years later. I had either lost or sold this years ago, along with pretty much all of my 1st ed. stuff, but I snatched it up again for nostalgia's sake when it came up at auction at Origins last year.
Oh, and White Plume Mountain also rules the school. Mmm, Stormbri...err, Blackrazor...

Oops, almost forgot - Keep on the Borderlands, for Erol Otus' crazy-ass picture of the mad hermit.

Last edited:

Remove ads