Favourite D&D adventure

Harlock

First Post
My favorite module

EternalKnight and his questions. Okay, My favorite was: X2 for the Dungeons and Dragons Expert Set. Castle Amber (Chateau d'Amberville) An adventure for character level 3-6.

The copyright on the cover says 1981. Can I quote the blurb on the front cover without violating some law? If not, tell me and I'll edit it out.

"Trapped in the mysterious Castle Amber, you find yourselves cut off from the world you know. The castle is fraught with peril. Members of the strange Amber family, some insane, some merely deadly, lurk around every corner. Somewhere in the castle is the key to your escape, but can you survive long enough to find it?"

I played this module four times and ran it twice. I was in fifth grade mind you, but it still holds some charm for me. I suppose I should read it now as an adult to see if it doesn't suck. Anyway, I can't wait to see everyone's faves.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
ONE?!! I have to pick only one adventure from 25+ years of D&D? :eek: Hmmm. Then I'd have to say GDQ1-7 Queen of the Spiders.

Although WG4 Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun is pretty cool, and S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, and the "A" Slavers series, and the "H" Bloodstone series, and T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil, and Bastion of Broken Souls, and S2 White PLume Mountain, and B2 Keep on the Borderlands and Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil and X1 Isle of Dread oh, and I6 Ravenloft and Return to the Tomb of Horrors and.....:D

Last edited:

Frosty

First Post
The Silver Key!

Sadly, I don't know who wrote it. The characters are morphed into orcs and has to infiltrate an orc city in search of some old key. On the way back you get attacked by heroes!

Lazybones

Adventurer
B2 Keep on the Borderlands! The one that started it all! (boy, sometimes I wonder what would have happen if I hadn't asked, "What are these weird-shaped dice, anyway?")

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
The Tomb of Horrors/Return to the Tomb of Horrors combo box set that was released a few years ago was my favorite.

alsih2o

First Post
i game mostly with a group that has been on and off since college together 12 years ago.....

but my favorites have all been homemade... it's just like cooking- if a good d.m. knows his audience

Remove ads