Favourite D&D adventure

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Zappo said:
Re: vorpalbunny
The modron march was good but I consider it an adventure anthology. And I think Dead gods is overall superior.

I agree. Dead Gods is the superior of the two, however:

POSSIBILE SPOILERS
I think it's cool to see the effect of Tenebrous' murder of Primus has on the multiverse, and how the two adventures support each other in that respect. Besides, The Great Modron March is a pretty good adventure (or bunch of adventures) by itself...:cool:

Last edited:

OOooh... this is pretty tough. I loved running I6 Ravenloft for my PCs and really am fighting the urge to do it again.

The Temple of Elemental Evil was incredibly badass but I think it got sort of old, espeically once you got down to the 4th level or so.

I'm going to have to say that my favorite is pretty new actually--The Shattered Circle. My players loved it, I loved running it (it was so easy to run, layed out beautifully, and just a great dungeon crawl), and they PCs met up with one of their favorite NPCs ever--Clinker the deep gnome. That little guy has been their friend for years now.

Oh but I6.... damn you for making me choose :mad: lol

Dave Blewer

First Post
Heh!

I was pretty fond of Castle Amber as well (largely becasue my Elf Thief came out of it with a pair of wings)

:D

We have fond memories of the Dwarven Fighter Dale Bloodaxedivebombing Fire Giants with his Hammer of Thunderbolts

:D

As for my favourite... I guess I am torn between the Slaver and Desert of Desolation series... Both very, very good. Who would like to see a Return to based on either of these?

Psion

Adventurer
VorpalBunny said:
Don't forget The Great Modron March...the "companion" to Dead Gods.

Oh, can't I forget it, please?

Really, I disliked GMM intensely. You could pluck some of the adventures out and use them, but as a whole they betray a lack of good adventure design. The early adventures set up the modrons as a force of nature/hassle that they have to work around, and the later adventures expect (quite probably) the same characters to sympathize with the modrons.

optimizer

First Post
Howdy!

It is hard to pick a single favorite. My favorites are the ones that came out in the late 70s with the pastel colored folders. They caught my eye in my local game store and got me interested in D&D. :)

Mike

Kalendraf

Explorer
Here's another vote for Destiny of Kings.

For some reason it seems to have slipped off the radar. Most players seem to have never heard of it, let alone play it, and that's really a shame.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Re: Heh!

Dave Blewer said:

As for my favourite... I guess I am torn between the Slaver and Desert of Desolation series... Both very, very good. Who would like to see a Return to based on either of these?

Actually IIRC, the Slavers series does have a sequel adventure. It isn't called "Return to...", though.

Yep, here it is. TSR11621 "Slavers". It's the last module in the 2e "Return to" series, which consists of...

11327 Return to the Keep on the Borderlands
11413 Against the Giants: The Liberation of Geoff
11434 Return to White Plume Mountain
11621 Slavers

As for my favorite adventure, I would have to say I6. It's what got me hooked on Ravenloft. :D

Last edited:

Remove ads