• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

feat requirements

calighis

First Post
certain feats require that you have enough ranks in a skill to qualify.
If you level and gain the skill points necessary to qualify for that feat, do those skill points apply toward the attainment of that feat, Or do you need to wait until the next level since technically, you don't "have" those skill points until you are finished leveling?

Last edited:

Vegepygmy

First Post
PHB, page 87:

"Some feats have prerequisites. Your character must have the indicated ability score, class feature, feat, skill, base attack bonus, or other quality designated in order to select or use that feat. A character can gain a feat at the same level at which he or she gains the prerequisite. For example, at 3rd level, Krusk, the halforc barbarian, could spend 1 skill point on the Ride skill (gaining his first rank in Ride) and select the Mounted Combat feat at the same time."

calighis

First Post
The same holds true for feats? For instance if I get a bonus feat i can take one feat and another that requires the first on the same level?

Nadaka

First Post
The same holds true for feats? For instance if I get a bonus feat i can take one feat and another that requires the first on the same level?

yes. However the same does not apply to classes, for example it is impossible to take the first level of a advanced/prestige class at the same time as a feat that is its prerequisite because the first thing you do when leveling up is apply your class.

irdeggman

First Post
yes. However the same does not apply to classes, for example it is impossible to take the first level of a advanced/prestige class at the same time as a feat that is its prerequisite because the first thing you do when leveling up is apply your class.

Right.

For reference look at the DMG pg 176 and note that this information is not contained in the SRD. The SRD contains no information about qualifying or designing Prestige Classes.

Remove ads