Fellowship of the Witching Hour - Part I

Lucean

First Post
Phillip examined the woman for a while, his tongue clicking twice over the time period. Finally he shrugged, his free hand rubbing his neck.

"Unless you're looking to write some sort of expose on us, I guess there is little reason for me to oppose you joining us." He chuckled softly. "Although I hope you are not looking for some strange, exciting adventures. We spent most our time only talking of such wonderous things here."

Disharrock

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Everyone]covering Kook's turn again, though he did say only a couple days, so let's bring him back in when it's his turn next. Kook, I hope you don't mind my using Sam somewhat in this turn to prompt some action in the group. Things are getting a bit stale.[/SBLOCK]
"Oh come now, Philip," Sam gently chides the Doctor, "that's not strictly true. Remember the night we explored the graveyard and the time we investigated that derelict house north of the river. Those were quite exciting, even if we didn't uncover anything particularly mysterious." She turns to Megan, "we've been thinking of expanding our discussions into something a bit more pro-active."

She seems to think for a few moments then adds, "in fact I was going to suggest that next week, instead of meeting here, we mobilise our discussion, move around a bit and maybe investigate some of these rumours first hand. I have a car, though there's only room for two. You have transport don't you Arabella?"

<response Arabella/any?>
greenstar

greenstar

First Post
"I have my motorbike with the sidecar, there's room for two but it's cramped." Too bad we can't use my father's Rolls Royce. He wouldn't let me drive it anyway.

Bialaska

Bialaska

First Post
Megan lets out a laugh and then shakes her head at Philips words.

"Oh no, dear, I am seeking a discussion group, do I appear as if I am an adventurer of some sort? Perhaps if I was 10 years younger, but these days I prefer simply speaking and doing my adventures in books and newspapers."

After then hearing Sam speaking, Megan gives a shrug.

"I would be content simply talking, though I assume there is something a bit more exciting in doing your own investigations. I guess as long as it's not dangerous, I would not mind participating."

Lucean

kookalouris

First Post
I'm baaaack...again!

[sblock=OOC]
Thank you all for your patience. My dad's pacemaker is now installed and everything is fine. :D

I will be able to pick up for Sam at my next scheduled post but I certainly don't mind David writing for Sam and using her to further the plot. :)
[/sblock]
Lucean

Lucean

First Post
Phillip frowned slightly at the suggestion, looking away from the group hesitantly.

"I am not certain if I am willing to venture in to places with too much risk involved. Ghost cars or not, people are still disappearing in the area of question." Clicking his tongue a few times, he looked back at three women. "However, if it is within the city limits and not too dangerous, I guess I can join you too."

kookalouris

Last edited:

kookalouris

First Post
Sam positively beamed at Phillip. Finally, a chance to get out of the bar for a bit. To others, this was a refuge but to Sam, this was where she worked. It would be great to escape.

"All right, then."
Sam ventured, trying to seal the deal. "Next week we hunt ghost cars, unless there are any objections."

She looked around, hoping there wouldn't be.

[sblock=ooc]
Thanks for the well-wishes. :) It's good to be back.
[/sblock]
Disharrock

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]As IC discussion doesn't seem to be the best way to go with this, I'm moving the game forward using the zoomed-in/zoomed-out method I mentioned before (someplace in a previous thread, answering Kook's question about sharp/soft focus play). [/SBLOCK]The rest of that evening is spent in polite discussion with the newly arrived Megan. During this time Doctor Philip LeGraid is able to ascertain to his complete satisfaction that Megan is not another reporter and nor does she seem intent on writing some kind of expose. She is evidently a writer of young adult horror fiction and it seems she is looking for inspiration for her work. The Witching Hour could hardly be a more fitting location for this.

Arabella and the Doctor seem to recover their friendship after Philip's previous exit from the bar, and spirits once again lift to their previous level, the disruption caused by the journalist soon forgotten.

The evening eventually draws to a close after much debate and discussion about the possible causes of the 'ghost cars' and the mysterious disappearances. Sam bids each member of the fellowship goodbye and, once the last stragglers of the evening have meandered drunkenly from her doors, she shuts up shop and retires to bed.

Outside, Philip is met by his wife and the pair head off into the night. Arabella rides her motorbike and sidecar home, while Megan walks briskly to her own address, exhilerated by the evening and the company of her newfound friends.

IC/OOC
The proceeding week unfolds. You're free to do whatever you like for the duration of this week, including any preparation you think your PCs would like to undertake ready for Friday's outing (shopping, research, etc), anything they would like to do on a domestic front (ie- regarding their own addresses, their own backgrounds, their own personal interests/hobbies etc) or anything else you care to think of or wish to do. Feel free to invent business meetings, visiting friends or anything else you think will embellish the week. Anything requiring roleplay I'll deal with on an item to item basis. Things like research or shopping won't require roleplay unless they involve interviews or something like that.

Your actions can be presented in one of two ways, on a 'this is what I'll do for the whole week' basis, or on a day by day basis, ie 'on Saturday fubar does this, on Sunday he does this' and so on.

When we've dealt with events for the week I'll return us to sharp focus play starting as Arabella and Sam strike out on their respective automobiles with their respective passengers (we'll probably play them picking up Megan and Philip in order to introduce both worthys' home locations into the game).

Oh- and we need to decide who is picking up who. I'd suggest Philip's gammy leg would make him an unsuitable passenger for the cramped side-car.

[SBLOCK=Bialaska]Sorry, I still haven't given you Megan's home address and home description. I have lots of free time in the next few days so I'll sort something out.[/SBLOCK]
greenstar

greenstar

First Post
The rest of the week Arabella goes to class. Her painting of the countryside at night gets into a art show at the university but nothing else happens there. On Monday and Wednesday she gives tarot readings at the Witching Hour. On Tuesday and Thursday she works on her paintings at home and fixes her motorbike. The Saturday and Sunday before that she goes shopping and reads.

Bialaska

Last edited:

Remove ads