• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Female Dragonborn - No longer have breasts?

Estlor

Explorer
How quaint. Apparently archeology has advanced significantly since 2008. Now we know dragonborn were more closely related to birds than reptiles and were probably covered in feathers on their arms and legs.

Really, stand still, the dragonborn can't see you if you don't move. Riiiiiight.

;)

eamon

Explorer
Male advertising isn't so much to do with who dominates the society, it's to do with the potential each sex has to produce young. The female potential to produce young is pretty much static, each individual can produce X young per period time. The male potential is unlimited, but depends entirely on finding mates. Males go to extremes to advertise, and bright coloration is an example of this. Successful advertising can dramatically increase the reproduction for a male, but not for a female.
In humans, perhaps. Not so much if you're a fish laying thousands of eggs, nor if you need help rearing. The extent to which this is true depends on the species.

And now back to whether zombies have lost their breasts...

turnip

First Post
Archosaurs. Not lizards. Archosaurs - crocodiles, dinosaurs, and birds. Archosaurs are mostly warm-blooded in every sense of the word (and run hotter than mammals), have families with both parents involved in care for the babies (unlike mammals), and some are as intelligent as apes. A creature doesn't need to be a mammal to be warmblooded, intelligent, and social. Parrots do it. And they do all that without any hint of a boob. Some have no visible (to humans) differences between males and females at all!

And no, I'm not advocating that dragonborn go that far. I'm okay with dragonborn males being larger and stronger than females, although it is disappointingly uncreative. I can even live with them walking on their feet instead of their toes. Just...get rid of the human (not mammal, human) genitals, please.

Amen.
Archosaurs weren't worse than mammals. Mammals aren't better.
Archosaurs just had a really, really bad day, and the mammals capitalized on that.

jimmifett

Banned
Banned
And now back to whether zombies have lost their breasts...

depends how long they've been in the ground before animation, and whether animation "freezes" decay or if decay continues. If continues, possibly dependant on when said zombie chick last fed, and if feeding slows / stops / or reverses decay.

The question is moot if the zombie is Chistina Ricci, in which case the answer is ALWAYS yes, she still has them, regardless of any circumstance.

Liam Neeson makes for an interesting necromancer...

back on topic...
As far as I'm concerned, if my players wants their PC to have boobs, it's up to them, I'm not going to draw any attention to the fact in my game unless it's essential to the story.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
Never really had an issue with this in my campaign, although I (and the other players) thought it kind of strange that they would.

Female player makes up a female dragonborn two weapon ranger. I ask her if female dragonborn have breasts. She says "Hell yes".

So, in my campaign, female dragonborn do indeed have breasts. And, after the fact and several years of plot development later, that really fits in well with the hidden backstory to my campaign.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
In my campaign I don't use any of the official 4e background (its a home brew campaign). Instead, dragonborn (and tieflings, and others) are created by the interaction of planes. You get a plane dominated by dragons, and a plane dominated by humans, meld them at an edge, and the folks on that edge become half dragon, half human... in other words, dragonborn. Which is why breasts make an odd kind of sense... in my campaign.

Certainly nothing waranting a frowny face, I would think. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads