Level Up (A5E) Fighter playtest comes this weekend

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
On Friday we'll be releasing the playtest document for our fighter class (1-10) and the first three degrees of our martial maneuvers system.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 7.36.48 PM.png

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Glad to see the extra ASI feature's gone! Its a great opportunity to give something flavorful to enhance and explore the fighter's theme.
All the new stuff makes me excited just by the names, but the "Martial Lore" sounds interesting too Also note the Knacks & Maneuver level scaling. Wonder what the difference between knacks & maneuvers are.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
All the new stuff makes me excited just by the names, but the "Martial Lore" sounds interesting too Also note the Knacks & Maneuver level scaling. Wonder what the difference between knacks & maneuvers are.
An exploration knack is an exploration pillar ability. All classes get a choice of some exploration knacks (tailored to the class).

A maneuver is a combat ability. Not all classes get a choice of some maneuvers, but several do.

(At present; the playtest will determine if the format survives!)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Is the idea to make this mostly compatible with 5e, like 5e Fighter archetypes work with Level Up archetypes? The Race stuff looked pretty pug and play with races as a whole.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is the idea to make this mostly compatible with 5e, like 5e Fighter archetypes work with Level Up archetypes? The Race stuff looked pretty pug and play with races as a whole.
The entire game is going to be 100% 5E backwards compatible. You can use our Level Up classes and heritages alongside 5E’s classes and races.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Obviously I don't know how you're doing the classes, but from here it looks like you end up with a lot of maneuvers. I have to hope that they're all usable and interesting at all levels and fighters don't end up with a list of abilities they don't use often.

Remove ads