Level Up (A5E) Fighter playtest comes this weekend

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I have to hope that they're all usable and interesting at all levels and fighters don't end up with a list of abilities they don't use often.
Oh heck. And we assumed that everybody was hoping that they were all unusable and uninteresting, and that fighters would end up with a list of abilities they don't use often! Back to the drawing board then....

Faolyn

(she/her)
Oh heck. And we assumed that everybody was hoping that they were all unusable and uninteresting, and that fighters would end up with a list of abilities they don't use often! Back to the drawing board then....

Ha-ha. I hope you don't think I'm being insulting or anything like that. But when you get large lists of options, there are always going to be options that look cool but are very niche and rarely end up getting used (for instance: the twenty bazillion feats in 3.x). And getting seven maneuvers by 10th level seems like a lot, especially when you have other class and archetype abilities as well. Compare to the maximum of nine maneuvers Battlemasters get currently, or an Artificer's twelve infusions, or a Warlock's eight invocations.

So I hope you can forgive me for being a bit wary. Since I liked most of what was done with the ancestries, I'm sure that I'll like these maneuvers as well.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In other news the fighter playtest is now set to automatically go live at 6am my time. And with that I'm off to bed! Keep an eye on the levelup5e.com website!

Remove ads