• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Finally

PactBound

First Post
Let me add my thanks to the pile for this.

Quick set of questions

1) can you tell us about the Chain Bound familiar of the Warlock and what features it has?

2) is Kelemvor in the appendix? If so what domains does he have?

3) can you tell us about the Tempest Domain?

Thanks!

pukunui

Legend
8 pages, beasts and mounts, familiars, and a couple undead. Things a player would need for their character.
Excellent. I'm so glad they thought to do that. Now a player won't need the MM to play something like a druid or a necromancer or a summoner or whatever.

Palladion

Adventurer
Let me add my thanks to the pile for this.

Quick set of questions

1) can you tell us about the Chain Bound familiar and what features it has?

2) is Kelemvor in the appendix? If so what domains does he have?

3) can you tell us about the Tempest Domain?

Thanks!

Pact of the Chain: gain find familiar spell, select a special form for familiar, forgo one of your own attacks to allow familiar to attack.

Yes, Kelemvor has Death as suggested domain.

Tempest Domain: Bonus Proficiencies, Wrath of Storm (rebuke attackers), Channel Divinity: Destructive Wrath, Thunderbolt Strike, Divine Strike (thunder damage), Stormborn (flying when outdoors).

aelioran

First Post
Thirsting Blade (page 111): You can attack with your pact weapon twice, instead of once, when you take the Attack action on your turn.

Extra Attack: You can attack twice, instead of once, when you take the Attack action on your turn.

When you read them side by side, it seems they do not stack, since they both do the same thing by replacing the Attack action, not adding an attack.

Thanks for the quick responses :)

No Darkness domain then...

What domain did they give to Shar, and Set?

Most deities only get one suggested domain, some with two.

Now that I like. I've been designing my own pantheon and wanting each priesthood to feel very distinct with only one or two domains, and I'm glad I won't be breaking with the official methodology.

There was a report that it was going to occupy the space between the Prime and Negative Energy planes.

There was a lot of dissent on that one, and it's more likely they named the border negative energy plane the Shadowfell and placed Ravenloft inside it.

Remove ads