D&D 5E Finally

Xodis

First Post
Transmutation is the spells that enhance physical characteristics right? Hmmm, either removed for balance or just an odd choice, I'd be willing to drop Abjuration for Transmutation if its not TOO broken.

Curmudjinn

Explorer
Hey, first I want to thank everyone for the answers... I will hopefully have a copy before sept myself. In the mean time I have a question about multi classing and sub classes.

2 sub classes (arcane trickster, and Eldritch knight) give minor spell casting, and Mike Mearls said something about using them as a base to multi class with wizard. How does that work?

One theory was you would count hd on the mult class spell chart for spell slots but only know based off class the other was those classes would only count 1/2,

to be precise what is the highest slot avalibul to the following

eldritch knight 10/ wizard 10
eldritch knight 4/arcane trick 4/wizard 12

????

thanks in advance.

The Knight/Wizard counts as 13 levels, gaining spell slots according to the Spell Slots by Multiclass Level table. The Knight can even use the higher wizard spell slots to cast the lower Eldritch Knight spells at an enhanced level, if the applicable per spell.

The EK/AT/Wiz would count as 14 levels. 12+2 (8÷3 rounded down). The same cross-class slot usage applies.

Palladion

Adventurer
Both the Arcane Trickster and Eldritch Knight learn Longstrider automatically at level 3; youc ould just houserule that to Jump instead!

No, they do not.

Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster receive three 1st-level spells known at 3rd level, two of which are restricted by schools, one that can be selected from any 1st-level spell on the wizard's list.

Lanoitakude

First Post
No, they do not.

Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster receive three 1st-level spells known at 3rd level, two of which are restricted by schools, one that can be selected from any 1st-level spell on the wizard's list.

Woops! Excuse my misinformation! Must have picked that up from the Alpha and thought I read about it in the PHB spoilers I've been amassing.

A thousand apologies! Thanks for correcting me :)

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Good. The EK sounds a lot like a Jedi/Sith and jumping is iconic for them.

This is my schtick. Are we stealing schticks now?

Because I can do a mean [MENTION=2525]Mistwell[/MENTION] full of big words and arguments and stuff. Just sayin'.

Thaumaturge.

Remove ads