D&D 5E Finally

Palladion

Adventurer
I'm a bit curious as to what the "Jump" spell entails. I know it sounds self-explanatory, but given how a spell called "Weird" is a very powerful 9th level spell (for good reason), names can be deceiving. Could someone please post the specs of the spell?

Jump distance is triple, duration 1 minute.

Dastion

First Post
I think the point is that you get sorcery points (plural) from cannibalizing the 4th level slot. You spend one of those points to twin a first level slot (I assume twin ing a spell lets you cast two version of the same spell in a single round). You still have other sorcery points that you got from the 4th level slot to use in subsequent turns. So it might not always make sense to do what is described above, but it does give you the flexibility of maximizing your damage output.

Yes that is what I mean. I think a level 4 spell gives you 6 Sorcery points. That means you could cast all 4 of your first level spells twinned (each of which is more effective than a single level 4 version) and still have two points left over for other uses. In fact, i think it only costs 2-3 points to create a level 1 slot.

Palladion

Adventurer
Yes that is what I mean. I think a level 4 spell gives you 6 Sorcery points. That means you could cast all 4 of your first level spells twinned (each of which is more effective than a single level 4 version) and still have two points left over for other uses. In fact, i think it only costs 2-3 points to create a level 1 slot.

1st level spell slot is 2 sorcery points, 4th level slot is 6 sorcery points. Twinned Spell only works on spells that target one creature and doesn't have a range of self.

Lanoitakude

First Post
1st level spell slot is 2 sorcery points, 4th level slot is 6 sorcery points. Twinned Spell only works on spells that target one creature and doesn't have a range of self.

I believe I read that Twinned Spell allowed you to target an additional enemy, not double-up the damage on a single enemy.

However, according to that conversion (2 SP for lvl1 SS and a 4 SS gives 6 SP), you can get 3 First Level Spell Slots for the price of one Fourth Level Spell Slot.

So if X Spell does 3d10 damage at Spell Level 1, at +1d10 per spell slot, that's 6d10 damage at Spell Level 4.
However, casting that same spell 3 times would be a total of 9d10 damage.

Remove ads