Fire Giant Dreadnoughts in VOLO's GUIDE TO MONSTERS

WotC posted this image a couple of days ago, along with a brief note that that Volo's Guide to Monsters has "quite an extensive entry" on Fire Giant Dreadnoughts. Spiky! Also check out yesterday's Giant Lore preview, and the preface - there's a bit of a giant-based focus o the previews, which is likely because Storm King's Thunder is the current storyline. The book hits stores on November 15th (November 4th in preferred stores).

WotC posted this image a couple of days ago, along with a brief note that that Volo's Guide to Monsters has "quite an extensive entry" on Fire Giant Dreadnoughts. Spiky! Also check out yesterday's Giant Lore preview, and the preface - there's a bit of a giant-based focus o the previews, which is likely because Storm King's Thunder is the current storyline. The book hits stores on November 15th (November 4th in preferred stores).
Culhkb4XYAAEltr.jpg

SaveSave

CapnZapp

Legend
If this is a beefed up Fire Giant, it allows me a glimmer of hope.

We need many more beefed-up variants of existing Monster Manual monsters! :)

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
I just noticed the shields are curved, and they appear to be internally heated. Maybe this guy's job is to plow snow during the winter?

Celebrim

Legend
What's its strength score to support all that armor?!

Probably less than what it has, but I guarantee that question was never asked. From the drawing, each shield weighs about 8000lb. Heavy load for a fire giant is something like 5000lb. It's carrying two shields AND wearing thick bulky armor. Forget realism. Under the game rules, that giant ought not be able to even budge itself from its place, and would require aid just to free itself from the prison of armor its been placed in.

Remove ads

Remove ads