• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

First D&D Podcast sans Dave Noonan

Jack99

Adventurer
Off topic, but I've found in these threads, several people don't like to listen to podcasts. Which I find odd. I consider podcast the "Crack open a beer (or fluid of your preference), sit back, relax and listen" type thing.

Oh, I listen to them. Just need my wife and daughter to go to bed first. :p

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I have never done a "podcast". What is it?

I had a response, but realized Wikipedia does it better:

A podcast is a series of audio or video digital-media files which is distributed over the Internet by syndicated download, through Web feeds, to portable media players and personal computers. Though the same content may also be made available by direct download or streaming, a podcast is distinguished from other digital-media formats by its ability to be syndicated, subscribed to, and downloaded automatically when new content is added.

Like the term broadcast, podcast can refer either to the series of content itself or to the method by which it is syndicated; the latter is also called podcasting. The host or author of a podcast is often called a podcaster.

I did forget to bring it here though but just found out Linae Fosters title was, Brand Manager of Licensing, so maybe they have a bunch of different brand manager to handle things that answer to someone else.... :confused:
Didn't I just say that? :p

Off topic, but I've found in these threads, several people don't like to listen to podcasts. Which I find odd. I consider podcast the "Crack open a beer (or fluid of your preference), sit back, relax and listen" type thing.
For me, podcast time is "Try in vain to clean some of my room" time.

Pseudopsyche

First Post
In another thread, justanobody mentions that it is said that someone named Kevin Chase is Brand Manager. Can anyone confirm? And isn't that Le Rouse's job?
I believe Scott is a SENIOR Brand Manager, so perhaps Chase reports to him. I recall that Chase specified that we manages a particular aspect of the D&D brand.

jinnetics

Explorer
It seems to me that the sound quality of this new cast took a dive. Is it because of the "around the building" nature of the interviews?

I haven't quite finished the 'cast, BTW. Just an observation.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
It seems to me that the sound quality of this new cast took a dive. Is it because of the "around the building" nature of the interviews?

I haven't quite finished the 'cast, BTW. Just an observation.

Well the quality was clear, but the volume was missing greatly. I had to turn my speakers all the way up, and it was missing the jingle so I had to restart it because I was unaware it had even begun.

I don't know if the question sessions were done around the building, or just that the people were around the building that were being brought in to ask.

It could have used a bit of sound checking to make sure the volume wasn't going up and down per person and make sure the levels were high enough to here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads