• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

First Dark Sun Excerpt!!!

OchreJelly

First Post
There are no clerics, no paladins, and no prophets or religious orders.

I thought they weren't going to explicitly say "no", but rather remain silent on this to let DM's decide. I realize this is mostly a design-goals document, but I still find it interesting; Not that I have a problem with it.

Scribble

First Post
I thought they weren't going to explicitly say "no", but rather remain silent on this to let DM's decide. I realize this is mostly a design-goals document, but I still find it interesting; Not that I have a problem with it.

I think they said they were going to put in sidebars that tell the DM it's ok to say there ARE some things if they feel like making it so. (Without WoTC coming to beat them up for breaking canon.)

This article doesn't tell anyone who knows what Dark Sun is too much. I'm looking forward to the crunchier bits coming down the road. :D

Actually they say something like:

there have been gods, there are remaining shrines and the gods are silent on athas...

which means: you can tell your player "no" and blame it on the campaign set, but you can also say yes, if it fits your adventure ;)

Festivus

First Post
This looks very similar to the Dark Sun Encounters blurb they sent with the packets and I have had on my Meetup site sign April 29th. [:(]

Was hoping for something new.

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
kinda disappointing for an excerpt

This was already posting on someone's blog, this is in the encounters stuff, and this was in the FreeRPGday adventure....

Scribble

First Post
kinda disappointing for an excerpt

This was already posting on someone's blog, this is in the encounters stuff, and this was in the FreeRPGday adventure....

Yeah- but I'm guessing there will be a lot of times when stuff they eventually plan to show off to the general public will be well known by the fans long before it makes it to the front page.

DracoSuave

First Post
I don't see how this is disappointing.

This is exactly the same 'first excerpt' they've done for every campaign setting they've released so far. It's the 'This is what Dark Sun is' excerpt, and it SHOULD be the first one in the list.

Prepare to have your mind blown:

They plan to sell the campaign setting to new players as well as old Dark Sun fans. To do that, they need to do the 'this is what it is' excerpt. And that should come first, otherwise the other excerpts are simply not as effective.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads