• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

First house rule: Tieflings have small horns

Cadfan

First Post
How is this rule going to be enforced? Will you ask your players if they are imagining their tiefling characters with large horns? If they say yes, will you slap them?

hong

WotC's bitch
Cadfan said:
How is this rule going to be enforced? Will you ask your players if they are imagining their tiefling characters with large horns? If they say yes, will you slap them?
Yep! Like this:

_41668006_slap416.jpg

Hammerhead

Explorer
Cadfan said:

Yeah, but I'd hit them no matter what they said. While the 'new' tiefling look doesn't appeal to me as much as I'd like, I understand the change. They wanted the tiefling to be more 'alien.'

And you know, your tiefling could always just use a hacksaw to cut the horns down to size.

lutecius

Explorer
ainatan said:
[sblock]
Hellboy-thumb.jpg
[/sblock]-Could you repeat that?
Why do you think he files his horns? Even he thinks they're stupid.

Jack Colby said:
Yeah, all fantasy races should just be normal humans with extremely minor cosmetic differences! It's less silly!

Originally Posted by ainatan
This is D&D, not Star Trek ;)
This keeps coming up about elves too, but there is a major difference with ST aliens.
Evolution on different planets producing identical species save for nose ridges and such, is cheesy, even by trekky scientific standards.
Elves and tieflings just stand for different human types and cultures too, but picturing them as quasi-human is easier, because magic has its own ways.

Red goatzilla people as a player race is not silly because they’re unrealistic, they simply look silly.

duke_Qa said:
[sblock]
Tiefling_Female_Body_Design.jpg
[/sblock] this is imo the best tiefling art that i've seen as of yet. Horns aren't hooked up to her eyebrows(as far as we can see) avoiding that permament elephant-man frown that i dislike on the other pictures.

the tail bothers me very little, even though i prefer those who aren't too big.
Yes those forehead bumps are particularly ugly. I also hate the "balding klingon" hairstyle imposed by those huge horns.

The tiefling on this picture was lucky to find that rock thingy to sit on too, because I don't think even she could have used a chair properly.
Unless the crocodile tail is just an excuse to draw "cool" tieflings casually straddling chairs "cowboy style" in taverns?

Kaffis

First Post
lutecius said:
The tiefling on this picture was lucky to find that rock thingy to sit on too, because I don't think even she could have used a chair properly.
Unless the crocodile tail is just an excuse to draw "cool" tieflings casually straddling chairs "cowboy style" in taverns?

Tieflings obviously use stools and benches.

Remove ads