• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

First house rule: Tieflings have small horns

Gloombunny

First Post
MadBlue said:
People always say this, but does anyone ever do it?
If I do it, I'll post pics.

I'm not really sure if my hatred of the 4e tiefling art will quite manage to overcome my innate horror of damaging books, though. Even though it would really be an improvement, not damage. It's just an ingrained reflex for me.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
art-transcendant-order-rhys.jpg

DiTerlizzi's tieflings are the only true tieflings. All other tieflings are pale imitations of the original. ;)

....though these two are okay (even if they are a little anime. ;))

tiefling.jpg

Nyaricus

First Post
Klaus said:
I had to try my hand at doing the tieflings as described in the PHB (and thanks to the scooper who posted the photographed pages), if only too see if the awkwardness was in the race itself or just in William O'Connors' depiction (so far we've only see tieflings by him).

[sblock]
449481c959cc44af.jpg
[/sblock]
Magnificent, Klaus. As usual :D

MortalPlague said:
I love Hellboy, but keep in mind that it's the fact that he's uniquely monstrous that's a large part of his charm. If there were hundreds or thousands of Hellboys running around, well, it would get old very quickly.

In my mind, Hellboy is the sort of character that comes from playing a monster manual race. The DM is perfectly able to allow monstrous characters, and it can really add some spice to an otherwise standard game. But when every party has one, they lose their charm very quickly.
Disagree.

There are plenty of demons but there's only one Hellboy ;)

It's the character, not the race that makes the man (btw, that's the morale of the Hellboy story).

Surgoshan

First Post
Shadeydm said:
I think I'm going to cut off their horns and tails and breed them for fighting. ;)

Oh where, oh where has my tiefling gone?
Where, oh where can he be?
With his horns cut short and his tail cut long,
oh where, oh where can he be?

Gloombunny

First Post
What's with the pointy ears on all those old-school-tiefling pictures? I thought they were demon-human hybrids, not demon-elf.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads