D&D (2024) First playtest thread! One D&D Character Origins.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Monsters don't crit? As if D&D needed to be EVEN EASIER.

You can auto succeed an ability check with a nat 20? So 1/20 times my Born on the Street uneducated Rogue can perform a successful brain surgery? Sure. Why not.

You can houserule that if you want, but the regular version of the rules has the DM asking for rolls when the outcome is in doubt, and not otherwise (which would include when failure is not in doubt).

6E, 5.5E, 5E+, 1D&D... does any of those terms actually matter? The game's the game. Call it the 'Fred Edition' for that matter if you want.
not really I have been saying 6e/5.5/anniversary edition for about a year... so it's nice to have 1D&D to say it easier... I am sure the community will decide if it is a new edition or not, not wotc

Yaarel

He Mage
Races

I love the new rule for half-races. Pick one race for stats, but describe the character with two races in mind. Use a background to round out any mechanical needs.

The anthropomorphic human-animals, the humanimals, are less my thing. The ardling is less for me. At the same time, an easy way to accommodate the many different kinds of humanimal via a single race is a good idea for players who enjoy this archetype.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
not really I have been saying 6e/5.5/anniversary edition for about a year... so it's nice to have 1D&D to say it easier... I am sure the community will decide if it is a new edition or not, not wotc
Heh heh... I'm not going to hold me breath waiting for the community to all come together and decide as a cohesive group whether this is considered a "new edition".

Remove ads