• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) First playtest thread! One D&D Character Origins.

Haplo781

Legend
Guys, a mod has asked us to move discussions of classes and martial/caster differences out of this thread.

I started a new one here for those who want to continue on that topic.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
Compared to some gifted speaker from a other race the shy introvert from the supposedly charismatic race will pale in comparison.

Um....wtf? Pick two human ethnic groups, one of which is stereotyped to be gifted at...let's say math, and the other that is stereotyped to be bad at math.

You just claimed that even the best mathematician from the second group will be inferior to the least gifted mathematician from the first group.

Really?

REALLY?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Um....wtf? Pick two human ethnic groups, one of which is stereotyped to be gifted at...let's say math, and the other that is stereotyped to be bad at math.

You just claimed that even the best mathematician from the second group will be inferior to the least gifted mathematician from the first group.

Really?

REALLY?

He wasn't using race in the faux-human division sense was he? I was pretty sure it was for different species. (Gorilla and human with strength was the previously used example).

Bill Zebub

We are not talking about ethnic groups but different fantasy races.

Right....MAKE BELIEVE RACES. (I'll point out that you keep using real life examples, invoking genetics, etc. But, fine, let's stick with invented fantasy races and leave real humans out of it.)

And you keep making claims of definite truth about those made-up races.

Again, if you imagine these things to be true in your homebrew world, or in your interpretation of a published setting, good on you. Go for it.

But to claim that these things are just universally true? Nope.

Bill Zebub

He wasn't using race in the faux-human division sense was he? I was pretty sure it was for different species. (Gorilla and human with strength was the previously used example).

Yeah he keeps jumping around to whatever context best suits him. I don't know if he means real world humans and gorillas, or game-world humans and gorillas...except that gorillas aren't a playable race. Sooo.....

Remove ads