D&D 5E Fix 5e.... in one sentence

"The Character Advancement table summarizes the XP you need to advance in levels from level 1 through level 20 11, and the proficiency bonus for a character of that level. Consult the information in your character’s class description to see what other improvements you gain at each level."

One number change, all the game is fixed.

You're welcome ^^

Mort

Legend
Supporter
PHB, p. 189
Various class features, spells, and other abilities used to let you take an additional action on your turn called a bonus action, but that slows the game down and is counter-intuitive in some cases so now there are no more bonus actions.
And instead?

Personally I've found bonus actions mostly easy and straightforward with a few specific issues (such as shield master).

Sacrosanct

Legend
better yet, an access to online tool.
Better yet, and offline tool...;)

1633030535778.png

Li Shenron

Legend
Since everyone is talking 5.5 right now, here is a fun experiment.

Pick a class, a feat, a spell, etc (just keep it broad, nothing too narrow). Attempt to "fix it" to your satisfaction by only adjusting, removing, or adding one sentence. And hey no run-on sentences, no "paragraphs in a single sentence form". How far can you get with such simple changes?

Here's an example:

Monk: Patient Defense. You can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on your turn. a reaction to an attack or dexterity saving throw

Gives the monk defensive benefits without having to wastefully burn ki (aka only spend the ki when you need it). Allows a monk to combine both offense and defense when needed.
I have a feeling of deja vu... how many times I posted this already? I can fix 5e with one WORD:

Add "most" before "druids will not wear metal armor ".

OB1

Jedi Master
Doesn't that seem a little fast? That means a low level wizard can recover their spells in minutes and a 20th level wizard can recover their entire spell load in about 1.5 hours. That's a pretty large power upgrade!
No, you still only have the slots that you have, it's just that you can change out what you have prepared without a long rest. You can't do it in the middle of a fight, but you can do it in the middle of a day if you come up against a challenge you weren't expecting.

Remove ads